NEurope
Ramar

Ice Hockey

Nice. What Jersey did you go for? Did you add the little 'C' for Getzlaf since he's the new team captain? got my Pens Crosby Jersey when I was in NYC but i've since lost quite a bit of weight, so it doesn't fit me anymore :sad:

The Penguins racked up their 12th win in a row on Saturday against Buffalo and Sidney Crosby has scored at least a point in 18 consecutive games. They're on top on the entire NHL at the moment but they've got a big game against 2nd and arch rivals the Flyers on Tuesday.

Nice. What Jersey did you go for? Did you add the little 'C' for Getzlaf since he's the new team captain? got my Pens Crosby Jersey when I was in NYC but i've since lost quite a bit of weight, so it doesn't fit me anymore :sad:

The Penguins racked up their 12th win in a row on Saturday against Buffalo and Sidney Crosby has scored at least a point in 18 consecutive games. They're on top on the entire NHL at the moment but they've got a big game against 2nd and arch rivals the Flyers on Tuesday.

I did get the C put on it, was a bit of a nightmare trying to order it, declined my card once. Hoping they post it within the next few days.

The Penquins and Crosby are doing crazy good at the minute, hoping to catch the winter classic on the 1st. Nice and early for us across the pond.

My jersey arrived yesterday, I'll post a pic up on Christmas. :yay:

Plus I wanted to post this video, cracks me up, quality celebration.

My jersey arrived yesterday, I'll post a pic up on Christmas. :yay:

Plus I wanted to post this video, cracks me up, quality celebration.

Haha, saw this couple of weeks back, funny shit. The festive period is always great for Hockey, always plent of games.

Only 8 days until the Winter Classic!

As promised pictures:

It's a-me.. Ramario.. >_>

163460_487931423629_514683629_5752065_5743638_n.jpg

Also thought I'd take one of all my Ducks Jerseys.

jerseys.jpg

The white one in the middle is the first I got back in '99. Then I got the orange practice jersey last year in Florida. Then the purple one I got off ebay earlier this year and obviously the Getzlaf one I got today.

Awesome man, i'll post up some pics of my Pens Jersey when I get back home. One thing that strikes you immediately about hockey jerseys is the quality of them, all hand stitched, no printed shit.

Edited by Jon

As promised.

IMG00080-20101227-1344.jpg

IMG00078-20101227-1344.jpg

Gonna get another one soon, probably the Winter Classic one, with either Sid or Geno on the back.

Looking forward to the Winter Classic tomorrow, currently watching the Flyers @ Ducks, Ducks up 1-0. :D

Turning into a great game for the Ducks 3-0 in the 2nd.

Looking forward to the Winter Classic tomorrow, currently watching the Flyers @ Ducks, Ducks up 1-0. :D

Turning into a great game for the Ducks 3-0 in the 2nd.

I also happen to be watching this. Liking the new Ducks 3rd jersey.

I seriously cannot wait for the Winter Classic, it seems to have crept up really quickly. Shame the start has been delayed 7 hours, was looking forward to watching a game at decent hour for a change :heh:

Gutted they've changed the time. But this actually plays into my hands, I can now watch the Arsenal game in the afternoon and Winter Classic in the early hours.

I dunno whether I like the Ducks third jersey, I like the D logo. But I'm not too keen on the shoulder bits.

Gutted they've changed the time. But this actually plays into my hands, I can now watch the Arsenal game in the afternoon and Winter Classic in the early hours.

I dunno whether I like the Ducks third jersey, I like the D logo. But I'm not too keen on the shoulder bits.

I've kinda got used to watching Hockey in the early hours, so I guess it would be a bit weird watching in the early evening.

Cracking game in the end Ducks win 5-2. Visnovsky with his 100th career goal, Bobby Ryan filled in well for Getzlaf (who's out injured after taking a puck to the face the other night).

Also Dallas lost and Phoenix are losing, which is good news for the Ducks in their division. A tough few games on the road have made us slip down a bit, not to mention we've played more games than most other teams.

The Winter Classic starts in an hour and a half. Sorry that it had to get pushed back cause of the rain.

Also, I'm very surprised to see a hockey thread here. :)

Oh, and this was the result of Getzlaf getting hit in the face with a puck:

WYVK0.png

Edited by FalcoLombardi

The Winter Classic starts in an hour and a half. Sorry that it had to get pushed back cause of the rain.

Also, I'm very surprised to see a hockey thread here. :)

Oh, and this was the result of Getzlaf getting hit in the face with a puck:

WYVK0.png

That looked seriously painful the wack he took, looks like he'll be out a while too. Ben Lovejoy took a similar hit under the eye a couple of weeks back against the Panthers and it looked similarly nasty.

ben-lovejoys-face-595x532.jpg

I think i'll fill in the final hour before the Winter Classic with some Rangers vs Lightning.

Yeah Getzlaf bled like fook, think he's got a sinus fractures because of it. Makes you wonder why some players don't wear visors.

Lovejoy's was bad too, his face ballooned something mad. Saw it on that HBO 24/7. (Cheers for recommending that JonSt). Hopefully the game tonight lives up to the hype.

I bottled it, watched up to half way through the second period then went to sleep.

Disappointed the Pens didn't win but it was an awesome spectacle to watch. Wonder whose turn it will be next year.

Disappointed the Pens didn't win but it was an awesome spectacle to watch. Wonder whose turn it will be next year.

Ducks against the Kings in a sunny California.. :indeed:

Only recently found out they played two games in London in 2007.. How did I not hear about this. :(

Ducks against the Kings in a sunny California.. :indeed:

Only recently found out they played two games in London in 2007.. How did I not hear about this. :(

Haha yeah. Only one year has teams outside the Eastern conference featured in the Winter Classic and those two teams both play in pretty cold climates (Chicago vs Detroit, 2009). The NHL seem to realise there's more to this than just a game outside, it's all about the rivalries of the two teams and the passion that hatred generates. The Pens vs Caps for the Winter Classic was well speculated before it was announced and judging by the success, I think the NHL will continue in that vain.

It's not really going to be fair if it's continually Eastern conference sides but geographically they offer the best conditions to play in. Obviously they could do East vs West, but they're aren't too many bitter rivalries between two sides that rarely play each other. The one that springs too mind would be Pens vs Red Wings. A much I personally would love that, I can't see it as both sides have already played in them.

The Canadian teams would probably be the best idea for the West but there's already one happening in February, called the Heritage.

Whatever happens, I can't wait until they announce who'll be in the next one.

Sucks that Crosby has a concussion. He's basically the entire Pittsburgh team. Hopefully my boy Letestu can step it up.

Sucks that Crosby has a concussion. He's basically the entire Pittsburgh team. Hopefully my boy Letestu can step it up.

It's funny how much of an effect it's had on the rest of the league :grin:

They Pens were absolutely hopeless last night, Malkin seems to enjoy taking games off nowadays. He's payed exactly the same as Sid but just doesn't produce it often enough. When he's on his game there isn't a better player in the league but he's just not consistent enough. A couple of years back when Sid missed a third of the season injured, Geno stepped it up and became a superstar, really need to see that again.

Hope Sid is back soon, the Pens seem unable to function properly without him.

Ha, the Penguins were without Crosby, Malkin, and Fleury tonight. Jacques Lemaire is Dan Bylsma's kryptonite when it comes to hockey. Pens lost 2-0.

So the Pens have won last 5, and 8 out of 9. All the more remarkable when you look out at how decimated the line-up is with injuries. Crosby is still out concussed, having missed past 12 games and I can't see him being back before the end of the month. Letestu has just had knee surgery and will miss the next 4-6 weeks. Malkin just came back last night after missing 5 games and lasted until midway through the 2nd before suffering a new injury. it has since been confirmed today that he's torn his ACL and MCL. Anyone who knows anything about sports will know that injuries don't get much more serious than that. I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't back playing before this time next year.

Really need Sid back soon, Can't expect Fleury and the Defence to carry the Pens through every game.