N-Europe

phone suggestions!

opcwal

Hey guys, I'm upgrading my Sprint plan and getting a new phone. I'd like it to have the following features:

-conveniently check Google Calendar

-check and send email

-easy to type... I prefer even T9 to the tiny keys of a Blackberry lol

-get directions

-play music with good sound quality, and good storage capacity

-take pics and vids, but i'm not too much of a camera person

Ideally, if this phone is also free from some deal or promotion from upgrading the plan, I'd be happy as well.

Also, can someone explain to me internet issues? What's the difference between wireless and 3/4G, and how will that affect 1. the ease which I get internet and 2. the cost of the monthly plan?

You know more than me probably, so any other relevant comments would be welcome. Thanks for the help!

Hey guys, I'm upgrading my Sprint plan and getting a new phone. I'd like it to have the following features:

-conveniently check Google Calendar

-check and send email

-easy to type... I prefer even T9 to the tiny keys of a Blackberry lol

-get directions

-play music with good sound quality, and good storage capacity

-take pics and vids, but i'm not too much of a camera person

Ideally, if this phone is also free from some deal or promotion from upgrading the plan, I'd be happy as well.

Also, can someone explain to me internet issues? What's the difference between wireless and 3/4G, and how will that affect 1. the ease which I get internet and 2. the cost of the monthly plan?

You know more than me probably, so any other relevant comments would be welcome. Thanks for the help!

Not sure on phones, as I have a blackberry and love it, anyways the wireless v's 3g bit.

Wireless on phones basically has a receiver that allows you to pick up broadband connections from a wireless hub, say from your home, office, airport that kind of thing.

3g is a always on (you can turn it off) internet connection on your phone that has become quite fast. Basically this means you can watch youtube, browse the internet whenever, wherever you are as long as you have a signal. data plans vary from your provider, but 500mb is the norm and usually ok if you want to browse the internet from time to time on your phone.

Using wi-fi on your phone won't eat into your data plan but obviously you won't be able to have access to wi-fi everywhere.

Get an Android phone, it does all of that well, especially the Google Calendar bit!

I have an HTC Hero, which is awesome and reasonably priced these days, though the HTC Desire or Desire HD are both faster and better (though more pricey, obviously).