NEurope

Not really what I was trying to say. Aside from that, there are many reasons why a person might be barren.

Paj your post was PRECISELY what I was going to post when I saw Ashleys mistake :P

Eunuchs played a non-sexual, non-gendered role once upon a time, let's not forget.

But seriously; the argument is stupid. You can go for the moral angle and become entrapped within a what if god exists? bunch of shit, or you can go with the physical angle and the whole but what's the point? stuff.

The controversial angle; insanity. Strictly speaking, you are insane if you do not percieve the world as it is. While this is a hugely broad way of saying things, it covers things from anorexia to autism, from schizophrenia to psychopathy. We can argue that we are all made up of varying quantities of a lot of 'insanities', but when it boils down to the bare bones, being 'crazy' is to be irrational to the point of madness.

I have to admit it, that while I can tolerate transexuals, I do think that they are crazy. Crazy in the sense that I believe that they are wrong in what they think. I think I was born to be a premiership footballer -- but I'm not! So where's my operation to fix this? Oh, yeah! There's that thing called tough shit. Damn.

Essentially, chopping your penis off (I know that's not how the operation works) is a stupid idea. I think it's stupid. There, I said it. Trannies are stupid.

Bah.

Paj your post was PRECISELY what I was going to post when I saw Ashleys mistake :P

The controversial angle; insanity. Strictly speaking, you are insane if you do not percieve the world as it is.

You what now? Everyone perceives the world different. That's the whole...point? Of what I'm not sure. Unless you meant something different but yeah...

Its too early to be comprehensive.

I mean when you wrote "baron".

Ok, I retract "see the world as it really is" for its ambiguity. If someone is insane then they are not held responsible for their actions. Their insany is determined by the extent of which a mental disorder/illness has taken effect. I would argue that the perception of something unalterable being so profoundly wrong to the extent where one is willing to chop off their own penis is a rather a strong perception to have.

But I have nothing against the insane. I prefer them, if anything. I just figured if we'd have a thread debating the unneccessary use of labelling which is actuallyusing a bunch of labelling terms that I should throw this out there.

The Application of International Human Rights Law In Relation to Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity states that "Person of diverse sexual orientation and gender identities shall enjoy legal capacity in all aspects of life. Each person's self-defined sexual orientation and gender identity is integral to their personality and is one of the most basic aspects of self-determination, dignity and freedom" and the Principle 18 of this states that "Notwithstanding any classifications to the contrary, a person's sexual orientation and gender identity are not, in and of themselves, medical condition and are not to be treated, cured or suppressed."

I mean when you wrote "baron".

I meant to type something like "thankfully I don't have to write out barren frequently in my everyday life"...I'm sure I typed that...

The Application of International Human Rights Law In Relation to Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity states that "Person of diverse sexual orientation and gender identities shall enjoy legal capacity in all aspects of life. Each person's self-defined sexual orientation and gender identity is integral to their personality and is one of the most basic aspects of self-determination, dignity and freedom" and the Principle 18 of this states that "Notwithstanding any classifications to the contrary, a person's sexual orientation and gender identity are not, in and of themselves, medical condition and are not to be treated, cured or suppressed."

... Are the key points here that do not clash with what I said greatly. The law, though 'black and white' is incredibly grey on most things!