NEurope
ReZourceman

The Event (TV Series)

Just seen the finale, pretting frakking awesome.

Yeah, the 2nd half of the season things really picked up... only thing I didn't like was

When the old rich guy (forget his name :heh:) shot himself. I undertsand why he did it to get Shawn to focus on stopping Sophia, but it just all felt like when they got to the 2nd half the writers had no idea what they were doing with him and so just topped him off. You'd think he would have explained a few more specifics to Shawn too.

As for the final ep...

Firstly SO HAPPY the Vice President got exposed. God that man was such an idiot. TWICE he was involved in plots to kill Martinez and TWICE he was just being used. And he goes and calls Sophia to ask if he's been lied too.... OF COURSE SHE GONNA SAY NO dumbass. What was he expecting? "Oh yeah I am gonna kill virtually everyone on Earth, including the US but you can't stop me now anyway....mwahahahaha" :heh:

I was half expecting it to end on a cliffhanger of Sophia successfully infecting the airport and Martinez not being able to stop flights in time. With Season 2 starting with Layla being cured cuz her halfbreed immune system made anti-bodies that were then used to make a cure to stop the virus.

But it did end on a good cliffhanger alright. Was expecting the "others" to appear where the array thing was. Was wondering why the portal was opening in space. Then BAM, new planet next to the moon.

Only problem I have with that is... wouldn't the gravitational forces rip both planets apart :heh:

Also FINALLY they gave us confirmation the first lady is "one of them".

Here's hoping for confirmation of a season 2 soon

Its apparently been cancelled, but (from what I gather of what I've been reading) they are hopeful to sell it to someone else. I won't hold my breath though.

I stopped watching when the break started (it happens, stupid american tv!) what happened in the end?

Fingers crossed so... if Netflix save The Event maybe they could save the Stargate franchise too :heh: