NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
y2cplan

Pc problem

Hey guys i was wondering if anyone could help me out please.

Alright the problem i have is everytime i boot up my PC it. When i switch on my PC all i get is a black screen. If i push the restart button 1 or 2 times it loads up after that.

It also goes all black when either am way to play WoW or am playing WoW. I have changed the drivers a good couple times but still no luck.

Does this sound like my GFX (Geforce TI4600) is on its last legs!?

(I have done all majour scans for like spyware and viruses)

Cheers

I defo know my pc is not overheating as i just changed the thermal paste last week and the temp is always under 50. (And thats after having it on almost all day).

My guess would be the power supply is a cheap generic piece of shit or it's failing.

O....k and thats why it still switches on?????

Anyone else?

Plenty of computer issues are caused by dodgy PSUs, my brother had a PSU that was so rubbish he had to reset his PC several times just to get it to boot from cold.

It could be your graphics card though, I'd look at it physically and see if any capacitors on it are screwed since cards of that era are prone to this.

I know the card is pretty old now so might have to upgrade!

On the off chance could it also be my memory?

O....k and thats why it still switches on?????

Anyone else?

Just because your power supply is shot doesnt mean your PC wont switch on - as Roady said.

Its most likely your PSU is struggling to provide a stable voltage to the computer, which instantly causes a computer to shut down or fail to boot if the voltage is slightly too low or high.

Well would this happen then?

When i switch it on about 50% of the time it checks for the normal stuff but when windows is supposed to load it's just a black screen.

[EDIT]

Is there anyway i can find out if it's the voltage?

Well would this happen then?

When i switch it on about 50% of the time it checks for the normal stuff but when windows is supposed to load it's just a black screen.

[EDIT]

Is there anyway i can find out if it's the voltage?

Download a program called Speedfan, and then fire it up. It will indicate the system voltages - take a printscreen of that and post it on here.

It may be the power thingy, as when i updated my pc, my old one couldn't handle it so i needed a new one, but if it turns on first then i don't know, maybe it's just a bit fualty...

Sign in to follow this