NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
K-project

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011

Marvellous innit? Really glad you are enjoying it Nando. I hate recommending things to people only to have them left utterly disappointed! For me it just gets better and better. Some of the goals I have scored on it have been amazing and better than anything I did on 2009. Annoyed at the measly 6 slots for saving them in fact!

I play mostly with the remote and nunchuck combo, but I'm finding the classic controller setup has been much tightened too, do you think so? It's just a fantastic all-round great Wii game imho. But yet look at the Wii sales charts and they're all buying FIFA. :nono: I spoke to a work mate who'd bought it for his son and they ended up taking it back because he found the gameplay too simple. He was 10. Go figure. :D

I'm happy I went for it :hehe: I feel as if everything has been tightened up in the last couple of years and it's definitely a better game for it :smile:

I agree with you about the traditional style being improved as I have had something like 5 games with that method online and was thoroughly enjoying it though, obviously, playmaker controls are the way to go :heh:

I hope people keep playing it as I always had trouble finding a game online in PES 2009 which severely hampered its time in my Wii but, so far, I've had no problem getting a game and have built up a decent rival list in the last couple of days! I'm also pleased to say that noone had disconnected on me in the 16 games I had played. Unfortunately, the following game mysteriously ended after I went 3-0 up ::shrug:

I've finally given in and picked this up today from GAME (the only one that remains around here, as far as I know).

In terms of gameplay, this is the best football game I've ever played. It's unreal how you can control your players off the ball in such a way. I'm a massive fan of Fifa08 on the Wii, but there are some things you can do in this game that just aren't possible in any football series on any platform. Being able to surge into the box and then select a striker to hold back/make a run away from goal, slipping him the ball and seeing them tuck it away...fantastic.

It definitely has a learning curve. At first, it seems very alien, as it's a completely new way of playing for me. But, if you stick with it, it is so worthwhile. Never playing a game of footie with a traditional controller ever again now.

In terms of gameplay, this is the best football game I've ever played. It's unreal how you can control your players off the ball in such a way.

Its really great isn't it. :hehe: Playing the 2008 version for the first time my mind was blown. Pro Evo is a great example of how the Wii had the potential to reinvigorate tried and tested gaming formulas.

Glad you finally got your hands on a Pro Wiivo, enjoy it!

Its really great isn't it. :hehe: Playing the 2008 version for the first time my mind was blown. Pro Evo is a great example of how the Wii had the potential to reinvigorate tried and tested gaming formulas.

Glad you finally got your hands on a Pro Wiivo, enjoy it!

I'm going to be annoyed if the Pro Evo games for the WiiU don't have a similar sort of control scheme. Maybe with the touchscreen, dragging players that way.

This is the way football should be played. Those who just play FIFA and PES on the HD machines really have no clue just how far ahead this series is on Wii. Presentation and graphical wise it is decent, but the gameplay is on a completely different level.

I'm going to be annoyed if the Pro Evo games for the WiiU don't have a similar sort of control scheme. Maybe with the touchscreen, dragging players that way.

This is the way football should be played. Those who just play FIFA and PES on the HD machines really have no clue just how far ahead this series is on Wii. Presentation and graphical wise it is decent, but the gameplay is on a completely different level.

FIFA 12 and PES 2012 on PS3 and XBOX 360 aren't even on a par with the vastly superior PES 6 on PS2 that came out almost 6 years ago :eek:

One thing that still doesn't do the series any favours is the lack of licences. It's annoying having to go through the edit mode and change team names. Stadiums is another issue, too. I want to be able to play in any top flight stadium. Just these little things stop Pro Evo from being truly authentic. The gameplay is there, but sound, graphics and licences stop it from being as awesome as it should be.

Seriously in love with this. I'm using the "pass and move"...thing very often now and very fluidly. I do prefer to do it by holding A and B and pointing rather than doing the whole point dribbling thing. Seems to work better for me.

Won the English League with United, and then lost the Cup to City in a penalty shootout. Bastards.

I have a question about some of the options in the game. I seem to have "unlocked" snow weather effects through the league, but it only works at night-time. Does it only work then? Also, for home and away attendance, I can only at the moment select 1 or 2. Is there a way to increase this? Just curious.

@dazzybee @/nando/, help a bro out, pleease?

I'm playing with the Wii pointer controls and with the settings on automatic. I've tried playing on manual and I find it a bit trickier. Am I right in assuming that the ball pretty much stays on the ground all of the time now, at crosses, for example? So, with automatic, you can select when you want to cross and the computer will loft it in. How do you add height onto the crosses or passed in manual? At the moment, when I try it, all of the crosses just slide along the group. Help meeee.

Also, are there additional effects to unlock in the game? So, can you unlock additional weather effects? If so, how?

How do you add height onto the crosses or passed in manual?

Double tapping the pass button perhaps? I'm not too sure though, it's been a while since I've played with playmaker controls(PES12 actually).

Double tapping the pass button perhaps? I'm not too sure though, it's been a while since I've played with playmaker controls(PES12 actually).

Thank you Thank you Thank you! : peace:

Didn't know it was as simple as that. Brilliant.

Yeah and a tripple tap drills it!

Any one fancy some of this online over the weekend?!

Yeh.. I'd love to play a few games if I can find the time :hehe: I'll need to get some practice in.. :heh:

Triple tap? Can't tell if serious! I've tried tapping the pass button three times and nothing happened.

It makes such a huge difference being able to selection whether you want to play a ball high or low into the box. Definitely not going back to Automatic.

Triple tap? Can't tell if serious! I've tried tapping the pass button three times and nothing happened.

Yes it's definitely true. If you're using the Wii remote layout, then it'll be the trigger you'll be triple tapping, when you want to drill in a pass across the goalie.

Sign in to follow this