N-Europe

SWAT 3+4

Goafer

Not sure these are retro yet, but figured they were more at home here than the PC gaming section. Edit: Holy crap, SWAT 3 was out in 1999. Makes me feel really old.

Anyone play them back in the day? I just got SWAT 4 today and it's awesome. The graphics have obviously dated somewhat, but the gameplay is still awesome. I love the idea of having to arrest the suspects instead of kill them. It adds a nice tension to it knowing that there could be a suspect behind any door and not being able to simply shoot randomly at it until it goes away.

I also love the second level where I had to go into a house and rescue a woman from her captor, who just so happens to like torturing young ladies to death. Proper Fritzl creepiness, especially in the basement. Good stuff.

May have to revisit SWAT 3 at some point. Haven't played that since first time round. Both excellent games and I'd really love to see a new one on current platforms. Haven't really seen any similar style games on current gen.

Edited by Goafer

SWAT 4 is amazing! I reinstalled it recently with 3 mates and we went through the co-op again and maaan it was fun. That second level always creeps me out, it's done very well.

Lots of the time spent playing ends up with us pepperballing or tazering each other, or flashbanging etc. Generally if we fail a critical mission objective :D

I think the most fun with that game was being able to customize your loadout before going in to the mission. Great game.

I also love the second level where I had to go into a house and rescue a woman from her captor, who just so happens to like torturing young ladies to death. Proper Fritzl creepiness, especially in the basement. Good stuff.

Just did the second mission myself, they managed to get some real tension out of that one. Also made me laugh when the guys mother wouldnt calm down so I had to have her tasered.

Just did the second mission myself, they managed to get some real tension out of that one. Also made me laugh when the guys mother wouldnt calm down so I had to have her tasered.

I did exactly the same thing. As she hit the deck she yelled "Argh! My heart!" I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. What made it even better was that I ordered one of the other guys to do it, thus giving me the ultimate perspective on the whole charade. Not so lippy now, are you bitch?