N-Europe

I have an idea for a website

The Lillster

I have had this idea for quite awhile now, I have done my research and as far as I can tell, no other website is doing what I want to do with my website.

About my idea

I will describe my idea using an example.

Lets pretend I'm a fairly regular user of this forum or any other forum and I want to organise an online Super Smash Brothers get-to-gether or tournament.

Without my method you would organise it by creating a new thread, getting everyone's friend codes, adding them and making sure people play their matches.

How my Idea will work

My website will handle all the organization and other stuff.

My idea is similar to other websites like http://www.gamebattles.com but the key difference is my website allows you to do this on your own website or forum.

Questions and Feedback

I'd appreciate it if you could give me some advice and what do you think of the idea etc...

Thanks

Just came in to say that I am not ignoring this thread, it's just that I need to think of a detailed reply and haven't got the mental energy at the moment.

I'm creating this website as more of a learning tool for creating asp.net web applications.

I'm not much of a coder, I've designed websites in Photoshop before, but that's about it and even my Photoshop skills are sub-average at best.

Ten10 I was thinking of using an API approach, but also the abbility to post a jpeg in the Vbulleting thread, this jpeg holds tournament information and can be updated without altering the original post.

At the moment I'm still mind mapping/brainstorming ideas.

I've got the domain name and hosting sorted though.

Update One

Just thought I'd point out, this will be an ASP.NET MVC 2 web application coded in C#.

Edited by The Lillster
Updates