NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Slaggis

Robyn

Classy pop music.

I'm loving the fact she's releasing 3 albums this year. 'Dancing On My Own' is brilliant, and I'm loving the sound the lead single for Boy Talk. Pt 2, 'Hang With Me'.

Opinions?

This lack of a music thread is annoying. Such a silly idea.

AND IT HURTS WITH EVERY HEART BEAT.

emotional.

played it while a couple were having an argument at a train station each time he walked past, I don't think they heard but I was amused. :)

I think Robyn is great but I've not listened to her new stuff yet. :D

Love her. 3 albums, really?? I'd probably order them all on faith alone even if i'd not heard her new stuff yet. Her last album was pretty damn good, with minimal fillers.

I like Robyn. Took me ages to appreciate her last/famous album, but now I do.

She's good. I need to borrow Body Talk from Chair.

Just been listening to both parts of Body Talk (Pt.2 is "out now"), and I've really enjoyed them.

People seem to prefer Pt.2, but I think the standouts on Pt.1 are brilliant, whereas Pt.2 is overall more consistant. But Fembot, Dancing on my Own and Dancehall Queen are untouchable. I do love Criminal Intent from Pt.2 though.

I think her self-titled from a few years ago was probably "better", in that it feels more like a satisfying whole, as opposed to a collection of dance tracks with a couple of random slower/acoustic ones at the end. I would rather she'd just released one full album, and maybe just considered flow more, rather than 2 seperate little albums. But that's just me.

So having digested Body Talk (the full-length album comprising all three parts), I'm pretty much floored by what I hear.

Pt. 3 (Indestructible, Call Your Girlfriend, Time Machine, Get Myself Together, Stars 4-Ever) is flawless. One of the few EPs I've ever listened to, and known everything that was aimed to be achieved was achieved. Everything is laser precise. Everything is there, in its right place. Every track could be the lead single of a good album. And Call Your Girlfriend is instant classic. It's clear that after the more experimental pts 1 and 2 she wanted to make sure everyone knows she has the last word when it comes to pop -- pt 3 does just that.

Pop music might not be the highest form of art, but Robyn pretty much does it flawlessly, effortlessly, and with so much warmth and welcome that you forgive and forget any misgivings you have about the genre.

I R choked.

I believe ReZ is going to call copyright infringement on that remark.

Now you know me I'm a woman of peace

I don't never take nothin' don't belong to me

I throw down and say "Whatever's gonna be, gonna be"

The whole industry knows not to fuck with me

Robyn is the best "pop singer" of the decade. Body Talk is such a triumph.

Let's just deal with it, everyone.

*dead*

Time Machine just feels like she's sat down and said "Ok, today I'm going to write a pop song which is immediately catchy and danceable and universably accessible (and at the same time incoporating my own introspectivity and personality), with the right degree of popculture reference so that it both feels relevant and timeless."

And of course, what need does she have in lying? It's so easy when you're great.

I think we can all agree that this painting was, in fact, inspired by Hang With Me

Millais_-_Ophelia_(detail).jpg

I think we can all agree that this painting was, in fact, inspired by Hang With Me

:bowdown:

And I love how the acoustic version is as good / arguably better.

I know what's on your mind, there'll be time for that too, if you hang with me.

c.f.

Love hurts if you do it right, you can cry when you get older.

Be Mine!

---

34.jpg

:heart:

Robyn.com. Her merchandise store. £15.00.

I'm buying one. Good price for "band merch".

I thought you'd fancy the vest. I prefer how the bit on the back is almost too big on the vest, like spilling out of the confines and lines we constrict words to.

Sign in to follow this