N-Europe

Blackberry Curve

nightwolf

So I only got this phone Friday and I already have an issue with it.

My profiles, I usually set to Normal, as it's the easiest one, as you do I changed the tones and everything seemed fine, except as soon as I received an mms/sms it wouldn't make a sound, but it will for every other sound on my phone.

I don't know if I've missed a setting, but I'm 100% positive neither MMS nor SMS say muted or on vibrate. Besides the fact it won't even vibrate anyway. I'm trying to see if Loud which I haven't messed with does the same thing.

Can anybody help? I have no idea what to do. :(

So I only got this phone Friday and I already have an issue with it.

My profiles, I usually set to Normal, as it's the easiest one, as you do I changed the tones and everything seemed fine, except as soon as I received an mms/sms it wouldn't make a sound, but it will for every other sound on my phone.

I don't know if I've missed a setting, but I'm 100% positive neither MMS nor SMS say muted or on vibrate. Besides the fact it won't even vibrate anyway. I'm trying to see if Loud which I haven't messed with does the same thing.

Can anybody help? I have no idea what to do. :(

You have to change the settings for each message type. Go to Messages, press the blackberry button (one next to green phone button) and go to message alerts and change the settings for each one.

I can't seem to do that. went onto sms/mms pressed my blackberry button and got a list of options but nothing said about message alerts..(I may just be being retarded here, but I'm incredibly new to these kinds of phones..)

My sms/mms and my messages (which is very similiar to my email apparently.) Neither have sound, I've gone to my profiles -> Normal -> Edit and then changed all the settings, everything is set to medium, with tone although the ring tones vary.

edit: I don't know if you tried to tell me this Jonst.

Anyway got it at least making sound when I receive a text now. In my tones folder if you press the blackberry button you have to press 'set as ring tone' for some reason this works, whether it means I have to use this tone for everything I don't know, but I don't mind. Lmfao.

Edited by nightwolf

lol I wondered this as well, my profile is set to normal and looking at the options it is set to vibrate but it never does, at what the hell does it mean by holster, i dont get it.

Just seen you have to set the sms profile > out of holster > Vibrate + Tone in order to make it vibrate. Hope that helps you with the vibrate thing.

lol I wondered this as well, my profile is set to normal and looking at the options it is set to vibrate but it never does, at what the hell does it mean by holster, i dont get it.

Just seen you have to set the sms profile > out of holster > Vibrate + Tone in order to make it vibrate. Hope that helps you with the vibrate thing.

I manage to sort it all:

Media -> Ring tones -> *press blackberry button* -> set as ring tone.

it seems to make all my sounds regardless if it's my ring tone, text messaging tone work. It must mean that it needs a basis to work off to be able to use it as an option for my profiles.

Either way I'm happy, the vibrate profile also now works perfectly. :hug: