NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Call of Duty: Black Ops

The new Call of Duty game has now been officially announced. It will be Call of Duty: Black Ops and is being developed by Treyarch (as we all knew it would be).

Here is the official website: http://callofduty.com/blackops/home/agegate

and the game will be unveiled at 2am tomorrow morning on GTTV over on http://www.gametrailers.com and the game is set for release on November 9th

The official press release says:

Call of Duty®: Black Ops Goes Hot on November 9, 2010

Fans to See Sneak Peek Tonight of the Most-Anticipated Entertainment Title of the Year

SANTA MONICA, Calif., April 30, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ — DECLASSIFIED: Prepare for the follow-up to the biggest entertainment launch in history: on November 9th Call of Duty®: Black Ops will introduce fans to the elite world of Black Ops. Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) and award-winning developer Treyarch will take players behind enemy lines in an entirely new chapter in the groundbreaking and record-setting, No. 1 first-person action series of all-time.

“We can’t wait for our community to experience Call of Duty: Black Ops,†said Mark Lamia, Studio Head for Treyarch. “We have focused our entire studio on this game, with dedicated multiplayer, single-player and co-op teams creating the most intense, gripping and riveting experience possible for our fans on all fronts.â€

For more information, visit http://www.callofduty.com/blackops immediately following the game’s appearance on GameTrailers TV on Spike this Friday and also, via Twitter at JD_2020.

As this is developed by Treyarch, I can imagine we'll be seeing it on the Wii, plus the press release states they are "creating the most intense, gripping and riveting experience possible for our fans on all fronts." Plus with all three COD games released on Wii selling over 1 million units each, it should be online shooting bliss for us again this November!

This wont be for the Wii.

Hmmm, well as Treyarch brought us COD3, COD:WAW and COD:MW I am holding out hope for this one! They tend to be kind to us Wii owners!

I do like Treyarch. Wonder if we'll ever be seeing MW2 though.

It'll probably come out on Wii when this new one hits the HD systems.

I saw the trailer @ Gametrailers and here's my thoughts:

Cold War setting, probably Vietnam. No high-tech stuff was shown. The guns that are seen in the trailer are AK47's and Steyr AUG's, which both existed in the 1960's. You also see a Huey helicopter, and an SR-71 Blackbird, both of which were considered high-end in the 1960's.

Some fictive stuff, like in Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater.

I was 99.9% sure this would be coming to the Wii as Treyarch are behind it, and it has been confirmed by an Activision rep.

"Black Ops will be available on all four platforms, PS3, X360, PC and Wii, on 9th November."

Let's hope they decide to actually show plenty of Wii screenshots and footage before launch for a change!

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/108/1088935p1.html

Call of Duty: Black Ops is coming to the Nintendo Wii.

An Activision spokesperson confirmed to IGN the upcoming shooter is indeed coming to the platfrom and will be available on November 9, the same day as the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC versions.

Suspicion was raised late last month when several online retailers did not list a Wii version alongside the others. Developer Treyarch's previous Wii titles (Call of Duty 3 and Call of Duty: World at War) all shipped on the same day as the other platforms

If you listen closely...

*nom, nom, nom*

... yep, that's the sound of Dante eating his words...

Here is the first full COD: Black Ops trailer, enjoy!

That crossbow looks awesome! I think Treyarch are doing something here which looks a lot more interesting than the vast majority of shooters out there.

I also think they're underrated as a developer, the online level design on WAW was far better than the level design on MW2

Edited by Retro_Link

Some tidbits regarding the Wii version from GoNintendo :-

- Wii version built from the ground-up by a separate Treyarch team

- very similar to 360/PS3 version

- every area of Treyarch development has had some hands-on with the Wii version

- online co-op

- Treyarch negotiating with Nintendo to nail down online details, such as no friend codes and WiiSpeak, but nothing is confirmed yet

Wii Speak support is a must, especially if it's main rival on Wii this Winter, The Conduit 2 and possibly The Grinder, will be supporting it. Having no friend codes in Monster Hunter Tri didn't really work as well as I had hoped, so if they do go down that road, something similar to EA Nation, where you can easily seach and add people just by typing in their online handle would be best methinks, ...and Co-operative play on Wii, finally!

Some tidbits regarding the Wii version from GoNintendo :-

Wii Speak support is a must, especially if it's main rival on Wii this Winter, The Conduit 2 and possibly The Grinder, will be supporting it. Having no friend codes in Monster Hunter Tri didn't really work as well as I had hoped, so if they do go down that road, something similar to EA Nation, where you can easily seach and add people just by typing in their online handle would be best methinks, ...and Co-operative play on Wii, finally!

Wow this sounds great already. Especially the online co-op. I can't wait, after MWR included everythin but the groundwar option I hope this will be the same. I love Treyarch!

ONM had an interview with Treyarch this month about the Wii version of Black Ops, I have reproduced it below and provided a link...

Treyarch, the developers of Call Of Duty: Black Ops, have told ONM that the Wii version of its forthcoming shooter will be as similar as possible to the 360, PS3 and PC versions.

"We do everything we can to make the two as similar as possible," said Treyarch studio head Mark Lamia. However, he conceded that it will be a difficult task.

"Whereas we're able to create the same assets that can be displayed on the PS3, PC and the 360, we actually have to do quite a bit of work both on the technology and the assets and the investment is heavy to get it working on the Wii."

While Wii owners missed out on Modern Warfare 2, Lamia was keen to point out his studio's commitment to the console.

"It'll be our fourth Wii shooter. Have there been another team that has put out four Wii shooters? We have a huge online fanbase so we obviously want to please that audience.

"What we want to be able to do is create the most intense, the most cinematic 'you can't believe this is running on the Wii' situation that you could imagine. That's what people expect from Call Of Duty. They expect to be blown away. We're going to blow you away."

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=17483

Anyone seen any screenshots on the wii for this yet? All I can find is ps3 and xbox stuff?

I suspect Activision will hold back on Wii shots -they did the same with World at War and Quantum of Solace.

I suspect Activision will hold back on Wii shots -they did the same with World at War and Quantum of Solace.

Yes, they did release MWR ones, but they were awful and I believe reading at the time Treyarch were not happy about it.

Saying that Mark Lamia seems to be talking a lot about the Wii version, so this time we may well get some media.

I am pretty sure it'll improve on MWR, just as MWR did on WAW. I'm confident to say it'll be a great looking game.

First multiplayer trailer!

I'm aware that is not Wii footage, but it gives an insight into how it will play. I took the following things from the footage:

- New gadgets including a remote camera that displays in the corner of the screen and a remote controlled car with abomb attached to it.

- New weapons including the crossbow and the ballistic knife.

- Based on MW2 multiplayer as WAW was to MW.

How this will translate to the Wii is anyone's guess, but I should imagine by Treyarch's previous work it'll be good!

New info from Everything Nintendo;

This information comes from Treyarch Community Manager Josh Olin…

- No demo at GamesCom

- Treyarch looking to match the PS3/360 versions

- Graphical improvements over Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – Reflex Edition

- Larger landscapes and destructible environments have caused some constraints

- Wiimote/nunchuck controls

- Game will not support the Classic Controller

- No date has been announced for more Wii version info yet; September 1st possible as details regarding the HD versions’ online mode will be revealed

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/48009/