N-Europe

Print Designs

Heya there,

I have recently completed some designs for a college project I have been working on. The links to the three designs will be provided below. The designs are for an A4 magazine advert, an A6 flyer and an A3 poster. Before you take a look at the designs, I must mention that these have been scaled down for preview and none of the sizes represent the actual sizes.

What I would like you wonderful members to do is to provide some feedback on the designs, such as what could be improved or what needs to stay etc.

A4 Magazine Ad

A6 Flyer

A3 Poster

Thank you,

Matt.

The slogans/text/font.

The first two just come off as blah.

The last one would be fine if it were in a decent font. One that matched the feel of the label design.

The Magazine Ad is nice visually apart from the text. That really ruins it...both what the slogan is and the font.

Sorry, if that's harsh or anything.

They'd be exponentially better without the slogans.

Buyers hate being treated as retards. "The drink that helps you relax" just feels really condescending - as though people don't know how to relax.

Plus it sounds lame.

Just have a stunning picture of a really attractive person drinking the drink. Sex sells.

For example, I want to drink Moet champagne because of this:

scarlett-moet.jpg

It looks like she's having an odd sort of fun that I too want to experience.

Edited by chairdriver

I imagine you're not going to want to change too much now, but anyways...

Magazine Ad

- Boring font... which goes against the slogan

- The wallpaper takes away too much of your attention

- The party inside the bottle is way too vague, I didn't even notice it the first time,

- It would be nice if you were looking down inside the bottle on to a party, an image more like...

dance-party-fisheye_h528.jpg

then just with the slogan in the top right, and the logo in the opposite corner.

Flyer

- Perhaps a bit obvious

- Font

- Direction of the shadow is a little annoying, as it's different to all the others in the background

Poster

- I think it would look better without the bottle and glass... it almost looks like a litter add with them just dumped on the grass! Just have a really nice relaxing image.

- Font

- If you are going to use them, try and find some higher quality images for the Pimms bottle and glass

- and I'd have the shadow going more towards 3 o'clock

As chair' said, if you can get away without slogans in any of them it might help, like the 'party in a bottle', if you can just show it happening, and then just have the Pimm's logo.

Hope that helps! :)

Edited by Retro_Link

Paj, thanks for the feedback. I was looking to improve the magazine ad (as well as the other two) anyway, I just wasn't sure what needed changing.

Chairdriver, thanks for the feedback. I would do it with a model...but it is a college project so we do not have access to those kind of resources. I also agree with the A6 flyer criticism about the text, as it made me think about it.

Retro Link, thanks for the feedback. I did originally thing (looking at the design overall) that the A4 magazine ad really wasn't that good. I really like the idea of looking inside the bottle and seeing a party. For the A3 poster, the bottle and the glass I can lighten up, as the reflections I did for the grass faded them out a bit.

I wanted the feedback due to my individual ideas reaching their limit and having a bit of an idea block.