NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
triforcemario

Searching for Audio Compression software

I'm searching for a program that'll not only allow me to compress music (and change codecs if necessary) but will also allow me to compress multiple songs at once. The main reason for the latter, is that I have quite a few albums I want to compress, however, the problem with most audio compressors are that you can only do one at a time, which would be a painfully long job, thus the need for this program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated ^^

Foobar2000 can be setup to do this.

Select the playlist, right click and convert. It'll nicely organise the output too (like into appropriate folders and stuff).

It works well with lame (mp3), nero (aac) and ogg (ogg).

Best audio player around.

But will that compress music too? Since I'm trying to fit more albums into my iPod (using MediaMonkey, since I can't stand iTunes anymore), but most of them are at 320kbps, and I want to lower the bitrate a bit in order to reduce their size.

Yes, with lame, nero or ogg. That is why I suggested it.

Prior to the compress it'll warn you that transcoding is crappy.

Oddly enough, iTunes should be able to do this (even though it's awful in all other aspects).

If you select the format you want as the format in the ripping section, then you can right click - convert (this can be done on multiple files you want) to the format you selected.

I'd say probably Media coder audio edition

You should be able to lower the bit rate on your music resulting in lower sized files. But also keep in mind your music will be of a lower quality.

That's fine, I won't be reducing it much, just enough to keep the size of the files a bit more under control :D

Sign in to follow this