N-Europe

Metroid Prime Trilogy discontinued

stallion

http://thewiire.com/blog/post/6161-nintendo-metroid-prime-trilogy-no-longer-published-or-shipped

This is an unexpected move by Nintendo any thoughts on this? I can only assume its to start to clear the market for when Metroid other M is released. Or were sales really that bad? I'm just glad i have my copy :santa:

Edit:

Sorry before anyone shouts at me I know this should have been posted in the Metroid Prime Trilogy discussion, Ive just seen people already talking about it feel free to delete this thread lol

Edited by stallion
Automerged Doublepost

Nintendo stated that it was a limited edition product before it was released... This news refers to America only by the way; I've still seen it online and in stores, so it looks like it's still being distributed in Europe.

Glad I got a copy early, anyway, even if it does smite my every pathetic effort to succeed at gaming. I just ordered the strategy guide from Amazon in the hopes that it'll spur me on to play it more. :heh:

Well you can hardly blame them...

It's been out for months, and pretty much every gaming store I've been in has several copies lying around, and it's probably the same in America. Besides, it's already had a price-cut in the States.

It's going to be available on shelves for months to come, so if you want it, just buy it. What's the reason to complain?

I didn't know it was a limited time only release. I think it's a shame, and a bit silly really. It could have done with a price drop here to attract people I reckon, but that's not the way of Nintendo.

I would have bought it at some point, but I certainly can't justify £35 right now because Nintendo say so, so I'm just gonna have to do without. :)

Edit:

Sorry before anyone shouts at me I know this should have been posted in the Metroid Prime Trilogy discussion, Ive just seen people already talking about it feel free to delete this thread lol

Yep, looks like there is discussion over in the Prime Trilogy thread already so I'll lock this one up and everyone can head in there.