N-Europe

Buying a webcam and microphoooone.

Wesley

I haven't bought a webcam and microphone since my chat room days where I used to show people me arse. I don't

I

Didn't do any of that.

But

What this thread is about

is buying one now.

It needs to be good because my boyfriend is in SUA for ages and I want her to see my fat ugly face for all that time.

What's the best brand and it being cheap equals = good.

?

Love you all.

I was going to recommend a headset, not that I do much chatting etc on the lines, but I can only imagine it'd be easier/better with a headset, though given my previous statement, I wouldn't know what is a good one. For me, cheap is better than good. How complicated can a headset get, anyway?

I'm using the PS3 eycam on my laptop, however the video and sound quality isn't great but that might be due to the fact that O2 broadband has issues!

Am I better off buying a webcam designed specifically for a PC?

Probably.

Although neither will be perfect. You could spend a lot of dosh on a really good one and it would only be fractionally better. (because its being throttled by your internet or the software package using it)

You could definitely do with not using the sound integrated into the webcam because they are usually poor quality.

Edited by Raining_again

• 4 weeks later...

I picked up the Life Cam VX-800 from Currys a couple of days ago and it's been working great for Skype, with good audio too.

As for video blogging... I dunno about it having that kind of quality...

It only cost like... £15 or something.