N-Europe

Doom:The Movie

Hero-of-Time

I have no idea what you guys are moaning about. DOOM the movie was amazing. This is a film, not a game meaning that it has to have a somewhat interesting story as brainless gore just won't garner the same amount of positive attention. The Rock did a really good, the story about the good and bad genes is true to a certain extent; in real life scientists believe that some people have specific genes which do cause violent behaviour etc...The first person shooter scene was perfectly executed, it brought a really nice and fresh experience and it wasn't too long or too short, just perfect although I would have preferred it if it was a bit more gorey than comical but still good. This is just my opinion I know but I thought it was bloody great considering I didn't have high hopes for it.

You misunderstand. The plot wasn't too complicated for us. The plot was too complicated for Doom. It was also rubbish, and quite frankly just wasted everybody's time. Cut all the shit about the guys dead family and all the chromosone rubbish, and the film would be a good half-hour shorter at least.

Say this out loud - "In the Doom movie, there is a subplot about someones family dying in a freak mining accident."

See what I mean?

Ah I see what your getting at but you have to remember that whilest they are trying to be true to the game for the fans they also have to entertain those who haven't played the game somehow, thats all the story is there for really.