NEurope
Ojiari

Nintendo in Poland

In the strange slavian country, named Poland (at oryginal Polska) Nintendo market is preparing to die. Prime and official distributor isn't taking serious gamers and competitors. Actually, they didnt takes serious enything and enyone

In Poland official distributor is firm named Lukas-Toys, whose are a part of austrian Stadbauer company. That firm is the worst thing what could met us, poor gamers from post-communist country.

I heard from many sources, Nintendo gives rabats to many distributors. Lukas toys has haved 60%!

Let's take the prices from Lukas-Toys and Swiat N (on-line shop, who takes games and consoles directly from NoE).

Nintendogs Pack (649 zloty's in Lukas-Toys)

-producer's price: 240 zloty's

-Tax and costs of work: 100 zlotys (tax 70-80)

-profit: 309 zł

the same product in Swiat N (639 zloty's):

-producer's price: 500 zloty's

-Tax and costs of work: 120 zloty's

-profit: 19zł

We (polish gamers) send many petition to Lukas-Toys, Stadbauer and Nintendo of Europe. Everything gives nothing.

What did you think?

Seems a lot like here in Portugal, unfortunatly NOE is quite stupid when it comes to holding ground even in it's main countries, let alone the ones who have importers using their name.

here we have concentra, it's the same sh*t you've got there in poland, a little better since we dont have those prices and have some games on-store, but.. they also rob us and put that money up their pockets.

Seems a lot like here in Portugal, unfortunatly NOE is quite stupid when it comes to holding ground even in it's main countries, let alone the ones who have importers using their name.

here we have concentra, it's the same sh*t you've got there in poland, a little better since we dont have those prices and have some games on-store, but.. they also rob us and put that money up their pockets.

Yes, it seems that Poland and Portugal suffers from the same problem. Although there were some petitions over here to try to chance the distributor, it seems that we have the same luck as Poland. All the games we have in our stores are GBA and a few DS titles.I can't remember the last time I saw a GC title in a store, really.All the games I have for GC were bought on gaming sites.(quem já foi à worten ou vobis sabe do que estou a falar :hmm: )... *Still dreaming for a REAL Nintendo distribution in Portugal*...

To be honest Stadlbauer does next to nothing for Nintendo. So why not merge Poland, Austria and all the other countries with no own Nintendo branch into Nintendo Germany, Italy, etc.

To be honest Stadlbauer does next to nothing for Nintendo. So why not merge Poland, Austria and all the other countries with no own Nintendo branch into Nintendo Germany, Italy, etc.

Merging wouldn't be a bad idea,surely. Actually, I wouldn't mind if Nintendo Spain turn out to "Iberian Nintendo":P

I quess we here in Finland are kinda lucky because we basically get every game at the same time as other Europeans (companies like EA and Sony even translate some games to Finnish like Sims and Burnout) and Nintendo actually tries to do some marketing here (just saw Mario Kart ad in some gaming mag today).

Game prices are little higher than in main Europe but that´s just because of high taxes. Fortunately, Nintendo has been trying to keep system prices at same level everywhere lately. I mean, DS is 129€ like it should be, but then again, PSP costs 289€. :heh:

I was also little suprised that Nintendo made a handy NWF Connection section to their Finnish site which has all the information about the service (games, FAQ, router compability list etc.). They also have pretty big booth in some gaming expos which is kinda nice. Just got to play Twilight Princess demo few weeks ago! :)

So, I´m quite happy with Nintendo´s effort here in Finland. Of course there could be a little more marketing but it´s getting better all the time. Too bad Nintendo doesn´t treat all countries like this. Everyone should be able to enjoy Nintendo games, right? :wink:

I quess we here in Finland are kinda lucky because we basically get every game at the same time as other Europeans (companies like EA and Sony even translate some games to Finnish like Sims and Burnout) and Nintendo actually tries to do some marketing here (just saw Mario Kart ad in some gaming mag today).

Game prices are little higher than in main Europe but that´s just because of high taxes. Fortunately, Nintendo has been trying to keep system prices at same level everywhere lately. I mean, DS is 129€ like it should be, but then again, PSP costs 289€. :heh:

I was also little suprised that Nintendo made a handy NWF Connection section to their Finnish site which has all the information about the service (games, FAQ, router compability list etc.). They also have pretty big booth in some gaming expos which is kinda nice. Just got to play Twilight Princess demo few weeks ago! :)

So, I´m quite happy with Nintendo´s effort here in Finland. Of course there could be a little more marketing but it´s getting better all the time. Too bad Nintendo doesn´t treat all countries like this. Everyone should be able to enjoy Nintendo games, right? :wink:

you're right, but... I saw some mario kart DS ads in the telly today, and I saw some Nintendogs a few months ago :D, the thing is... it's really hard to find these games on stores, and it's not like there are other games there, the choice is limited, that is... if it exists.

but you're right, nintendo needs to make it's star catalogue and official website available at all languages, aswell as make implementations for our languages, as at least... console suported language in the configuration without disc.

Not that I would use it as I prefer English menus and language in games, but it's stupid to ask a 6 year old kid to play pokémon in english, or other language for that matter, that is, when he is not a native speaker, at least they should translate those (it should be easy).

The kids should learn english and games can be an incentive, its stupid that it has to be translated to other languages, do the french or spanish or germans really need it? Should the other european countrys that dont have this, suffer from it?

But, in portugal that's not the only cause of delays, our distributor likes us so much that it has to put translated downsized fotocopy's of manuals in the games (F-ZERO GX was delayed because their printer was broken!), that are so crappy that most of the times I can't really read what's in it!

I hope they change distributor's.

PS. When is Poland gonna change to the €uro?

Well here in Holland we have Nintendo Nederland and for Belgium Nintendo België/Belgique(in french I believe ) Together they form Nintendo Benelux with benelux standing for Belgium, The netherlands and Luxemburg., and they are part of Nintendo Europe. We get games in english, unlesh you live in the french part of belgium and luxemburg I believe games there are french if they aren't multi languages. But we get User Manuals in Dutch.

And we once got the SNES game Lufia in Dutch.

firstly djindobri (watch out for crap polish spelling)

but my fellow comrade, i know how its like in poland, wait a few years because poland has just become a full member of the EU so when the economy improves then things should start coming up, i mean from what ive seen games are imported from mediamarkt or the bazar, altho the stadion holds lots of pirate games, gilda holds most legit games at standard price.

narasze

Nintendo has big marketing here, but why is it that some games sold here in Finland have only Swedish and Danish manuals? I have Soulcalibur 2 and F-Zero GX which have only those manuals and I've heard from many other people about the same thing. It could be the shops fault if they order their games from Sweden or something, but I don't think I've ever heard of anyone having a Finnish manual for Soulcalibur 2... And in some games the manual is a piece of paper with quick instructions of the game, and the proper manual is in other languages.

Also EA games like Need for Speed Underground 2 and Medal of Honour European Assault have a big Swedish flag on their cover, I've yet to see a Finnish version of those games anywhere. And Sims 2 for DS lacks any Finnish too.

you're right, but... I saw some mario kart DS ads in the telly today, and I saw some Nintendogs a few months ago :D, the thing is... it's really hard to find these games on stores, and it's not like there are other games there, the choice is limited, that is... if it exists.

Versão portuguesa

Já alguém reparou em como, na publicidade televisiva em Portugal dos produtos representados pela Concentra (incluindo os da Nintendo), é sempre mencionado o site da Concentra, que quando é acedido, diz que está em "remodelação" e que "tentarão ser breves"?

E já alguém reparou que o site já está assim há pelo menos dois anos?

English version

Has anyone noticed that, in the portuguese TV ads for Concentra-represented products (including Nintendo's), the Concentra site is always mentioned, and that when you try to visit it, it tells you that it's "down for maintenance" and that it will be "available soon"?

And has anyone noticed that the site has remained that way for at least the last two years?

In Sweden, I've never seen any TV-ads from Nintendo...

And we pay 25% taxes for our games.

So I feel your pain. man!

That's what you get when you live in not-so-important-country-for-nintendo. Finland isn't an important country for Nintendo but I have seen some Nintendo ads on TV :) I guess we are lucky :)

In icelnad i´ve never seen a commercial for a nintendo game just games for PS and if the game is multi-console they say it´s for PS2.

and the games are way to expensive

Versão portuguesa

Já alguém reparou em como, na publicidade televisiva em Portugal dos produtos representados pela Concentra (incluindo os da Nintendo), é sempre mencionado o site da Concentra, que quando é acedido, diz que está em "remodelação" e que "tentarão ser breves"?

E já alguém reparou que o site já está assim há pelo menos dois anos?

English version

Has anyone noticed that, in the portuguese TV ads for Concentra-represented products (including Nintendo's), the Concentra site is always mentioned, and that when you try to visit it, it tells you that it's "down for maintenance" and that it will be "available soon"?

And has anyone noticed that the site has remained that way for at least the last two years?

-------------------

paço de arcos :| moras na mesma terra que eu, perto do oeiras parke? (moro a uns 500 metros daí)

-------------------

(he lives in the same place as me, that means... ... he must live within 10/15 kilometers or so)

well... concentra's site before that, in fall 2003/beggining of 2004 still had Majora Mask in the site as a "new game", I'd rather have no site whatsoever than that "joke".

recently though, with the launch of mario Kart DS, we had the first portuguese box ever, the gamecube ones are all in english (thank god) and then the DS has "spanish, italian and portuguese" with the reference "EIP", now Mario Kart DS has "PORT"(uguese) in the manual, they also imported like... 9995 units of it, a clear contrast from advance wars and others who had like... 2000 units imported in the seal.

also the color, the color for portugal is bright yellow (finally).

It's already something, but that was surely not provided by concentra, but by nintendo europe, based in germany who did a "special favour" for us (yay, no more black and white shady manuals).

It's the same here in Serbia, if not even worse! Our official Nintendo distributor stopped getting any new games. We still can't buy DS direktly from them, we need to preorder first and DS costs 180 euro :(

I am Polish, but live in the Netherlands.

I find it extremely foolish that almost all the games are translated in Poland. then the government tries to think up new school systems and whatnot to get the kids to learn decent English. Stop translating the friggin' games! They try to learn English and other languages but at the same time they filter any incoming foreign language. Makes sense! /sarcasm

I have to admit that the DS is receiving a good treatment by Concentra considering their past. Games are usually on time and there are some ads in the TV. Of course that the prices they charge are ridiculous.