NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
AshMat

my pc will not play Movies

Here's my story, i installed InterVideo WINDVD. I ripped my Unabomber DVD to my pc. I tried to play it. After the intro had jsut started to come on it decided that there was a problem and needs to shut down the application, it comes up with the usual "send, dont send" problem pop-up. I thought it was a problem with InterVideo so i downloaded SuperDVD. Same problem, i tried the RealOne player, same problem again.

I know its not the movie file because it happened before with a different DVD which i played directly from the drive. I dont have a plugin for WindowsMedia, my old pc did it jsut appeared there but now i dont. I get the same popup on every player, can someone please tell me how i can get my pc to play the movies.

Sounds like a codec issue to me. Im not sure of the format that you are trying to play, but make sure you have this codec.

As standard windows doesnt come with a codec for DVD's, normally you have to pay, say £10 for one. However, I went over to InterWin's website , downloaded the free trail, and then never uninstalled it. Although you can't use it once the trial is finished, it has to install the codec, and Windows Media Player will still use the codec as long as keep the expired trial installed!

Thanks ill try all these then let you know what worked for me

If it helps, the video is in .vob

EDIT: DivX player plays them perfectly. First time it was jumpy as hell but then i decided to turn the convertor off and it sorted itself up and ran perfect. Thank you thank you.

Sign in to follow this