NEurope
Daft

Borderlands

FUUUUUUUUUU-

yeah, I heard it wasn't worth it but I bought the other three and they am boss. Really good fun.

Played a bit last night.. It’s not really great for newbies. I imagine it’s awesome when you start out with fellow newbies, but there weren’t a lot of them online last night (I couldn’t connect to them or something, so I hosted my own game). Result: you getting experience because high level players do all the work for you. Not long after, and I was in way over my head because all the enemies were way too strong, so I died a lot, and they kept getting all the loot. May start over, as I missed a lot of the story and exploration. The game is ugly by the way! Not talking about the artstyle obviously. Anyway, that’s a minor complaint.

There is no story. It is simply a Diablo-esque exercise in the speed with which you can click the left mouse button transposed to a console shooter experience. And yeah, it is kind of ugly, even the art style; the enemies are pretty boring looking, and the cel shading somehow manages to look monochromatic. It's just way way too desaturated. Nevertheless, it puts you in really fun combat situations so long as you're playing with others/ friends. I played about 10 hours of it with my ex and it was one of the most fun gaming experiences I've had in recent times.

I know we've failed at this before, but a few of us should get together for a game. New characters so that everyone starts on a level playing field (even if the start of the game is incredible monotonous).

I don't think I could face doing the start of the game any more :heh:

It takes a good two hours before things start getting interesting. And I've done those first two hours at least 5 or 6 times, only for people to lose interest right as it gets good. It's SO FRUSTRATING.

Forgot to update:

I’ve played through the main game completely, and done the zombie island dlc, all on my own. Had some decent weapons for single player, but they proved barely adequate for multiplayer after a quick online game I randomly joined.

I’m in for doing the other dlc, starting again with a new character, or starting a playthrough 2 with my current character (Level.. 42? Siren).