NEurope
Flunx

Metriod Prime 3?

No Smowza! That picture looks absolutely astounding. Everything in the picture is so nice. I truly hope this is what MP3 will look like :)

Are you kidding? This looks worse than MP2... The textures and polygon look the same but it's so bland and dull. It's a tunnel, sure, but still...

Yeah... that was a mistake I think.... but then again doing Kraid in 3D wouldn't work that well.
wierd... that kraid image appeared exclusively in http://www.n-sider.com at first, so I went to look for the original one, with more quality and crispness... and I found this:

-> http://www.n-sider.com/articleview.php?articleid=325&page=3

-------------------------------------------------------------------

wtfmprev36nw.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------

WTF!?!? removed by request? by who? Retro Studios? Why!?

also it states clearly that Kraid could be in a future Metroid Prime Game, with changes, being Metroid Prime a triology... then... Kraid could be in Metroid Prime 3...

he said, if the model does appear in a future Metroid title, expect some modifications to be made as the older ideas become refined.

this one pretty much says it all, but... that "The Kraid image has been temporarily removed by request" is really suspicious... it's not even removed by request, it's temporarily...

here it is a better version of the badly compressed one posted above (and removed by request at n-sider)

kraidsmall1zq.png

I really think we might have stumbled across some kind of lead in this matter... :X

Wow he looks amazing! Imagine what he will look like with next gen graphics. Also does anyone think Mother Brain will be involved?

I was thinking whether Mother brain would be involved or not, but I don't think it will be;

Doesn't the Mother Brain make a surprise return in Super Metroid?

If it turned out Samus had met it again previously it kinda lessons the meaning of its return in Super Metroid. Also, I think it would be too soon to see it again after its original destruction in Metroid.

Are you kidding? This looks worse than MP2... The textures and polygon look the same but it's so bland and dull. It's a tunnel, sure, but still...

... god, are you blind? Don't tell me that screen looks worse than MP2. If so you don't know shit about graphics, seriously.

Even if the textures are 'bland' as you say, the visuals are far superior than anything seen in MP2 except architecture (Even though I find the pipes/wires to be very suiting).

If the picture is a fake or not is another mattter. I, for one, hope it's not a fake.

Right lets actually throw some ideas around about what the ralistic possibilities could be eh?

The has been one running theme through the Prime series and it hasn't appeared anywhere else. Phazon.

It's time to find out it's real identity, what it is. I'd like to see a scene where Samus gets to see ghostly glances of her dead parents in the stream of the Phazon source. Put some emotion into the series and beef up Samus' character a bit.

Either that or some kind of unifying storyline about the higher races, the groups which the Luminoth and Chozo come from.

... god, are you blind? Don't tell me that screen looks worse than MP2. If so you don't know shit about graphics, seriously.

Even if the textures are 'bland' as you say, the visuals are far superior than anything seen in MP2 except architecture (Even though I find the pipes/wires to be very suiting).

If the picture is a fake or not is another mattter. I, for one, hope it's not a fake.

Don't you go attacking my knowledge of graphics. Remember that this is Metroid Prime 2:

metroid-prime-2-echoes-20041021102532469.jpg

metroid-prime-2-echoes-20041021102550359.jpg

metroid-prime-2-echoes-20041021102552937.jpg

metroid-prime-2-echoes-20041021102601984.jpg

metroid-prime-2-echoes-20041015070543587.jpg

Look again. Except for the extra filters Photoshop adds to it, that is nothing the Metroid Prime engine or the Cube can't handle. This isn't next gen.

It's fake anyway. How come the lights on the left and the morph ball trace look super sharp and that they have been anti-aliased for 32 times, while the ones on the right (underneath the wire) show rough pixels?

Another pretty fake from the Gamespot forums

metroid329vv.jpg

So shiny....maybe too shiny...

Oh come on that water is so over the top.

This one does look technologically much better than MP2 though, still it looks too plastic to me, not Retro (or professional) at all.

Thats way too shiny, its almost unbearable. Reminds me of those cheap creature horror films like octopus and stuff like that. Also too bright for MP, theres pretty much a dark theme throughout.

Thats way too shiny, its almost unbearable. Reminds me of those cheap creature horror films like octopus and stuff like that. Also too bright for MP, theres pretty much a dark theme throughout.
I like it, a lot, about the light... it might be just a moment, like a explosion, it would show how the water reacts to light and such, but then return to the "dark and moody" theme.

the water could be better, but wait... that may not be water right? ;)

anyway, it's fake, but i'd love to see a next gen metroid with that increment graphics-wise

What you need to do is put the 'fake' screen up against some real ones from MP2 like this and it is obvious that the graphics are superior in the 'fake' screenshot.

Like this:

metroid-prime-2-echoes-20041021102552937.jpg

metroid36xl9aq.jpg

Now that's a pretty big difference if you ask me.

You don't know half what Photoshop can do and can't. The lighting isn't that good - it's just standard lighting enhanced by some photoshop operations and the textures just aren't that crisp and alive enough to be convincing. I like the morph ball design though. It's a tunnel so it's full potential wouldn't be shown anyway, so the discussion won't get us anywhere. I think when taking a look at the second screen shot we can say that they aren't real.

guys enough arguing its a matter of opinion, some people think its crap others not

i wouldnt mind if kraid was in it but i want metroid prime to come back. i loved that boss

its spirit was damn annoying tho

hehe

Looks good, but anyone skilled in Photoshop or animation could do that. I remember seeing a wallpaper of homemade models of the 4 different Morphball types, and the one in this pic looks very like the one I saw on the wallpaper. I'll post it if I find it, but I think it was on http://www.samus.co.uk