N-Europe

Middle Mouse button being a lame lame lame lame lame lame button

Wesley

Hello. My middle mouse button used to let me swap one window from either monitor to the other; by clicking it on the title bar. This has now stopped working. I cannot think of why it would such a thing, we had so much fun and nothing changed between us since it stopped working.

Help.

Nothing has been changed since it stopped working, or before for ages. The current driver is a bog-standard Microsoft driver for PS/2 mouses. *checks* 6.0.6001.18000 version. Although I guess it's out of date... suppose I could check for a new one. But it worked before, why does it not work now. *looks angrily at mouse*

Okay, so I've updated the driver software and nothing has changed. I've also tried installing Microsoft Mouse to see if it has any options for this feature, but it has none. Everything else still recognises the middle mouse button, and that when it's pressed it's a middle click. But doing this on the title bar does nothing... so is this something that has gone wrong in Explorer? I'm struggling to even find results on Google about it.

I've never heard of using the middle mouse button to swap monitors in the first place! Aren't you using ultramon? It adds a 'swap window' button next to your close etc. buttons. I can't imagine having multiple displays and not using ultramon. The only reference I can find to using the middle mouse button on the titlebar is lifehacker saying that it's a DisplayFusion feature.

Anyway: is your middle mouse button working at all? For opening links in new tabs/click-scrolling etc?

Hum... yeah the middle mouse button works fine with everything else. I'm just looking at my DisplayFusion and wondering if it's not working properly. I've never known it was a DisplayFusion feature - always thought it was a Explorer thing.

What's special about Ultramon? Sounds like a Pokemon.

Ohhh, it has a task bar running all the way across. Nice... I'm going to give this a try and get rid of DisplayFusion; seeing as it's best feature has stopped working. Thank you Shorty!