N-Europe

Itunes won't work - trojan problem

Tales

EDIT:Should have googled it to begin with :indeed: Appearently it's a false alarm. It's AVG that's the problem. Uninstall iTunes and then deactivate Resident Shield. Reinstall iTunes and wait for the next AVG update.

Itunes seems to be infected with a trojan. When I started it this morning I couldn't open it. I got this message:

itunes.jpg

I used AVG to get rid of them. AVG wouldn't delete some of the files(containing 400 of 490 problems) so I threw them in thrash bin and deleted them. AVG and Spybot search & destroy then reported no problems.

Then I download the install files and install iTunes. During the installation AVG pop up with several warnings.

ituness-1.jpg

itunessss.jpg

At the end I get this message and I can't proceed further.

It says something like: Cannot start the service iPod-service(iPod Service) Check that you have sufficient access to start system services.

itunesss.jpg

I run AVG again it finds countless of trojans of the same type. And if you look at these pictures you will see they all are connected to the install files I downloaded from the offical page. There are no exceptions.

itunesa.jpg

itunesb.jpg

itunesc.jpg

Any ideas? I really don't want to erase my entire library.

Edited by Tales
Automerged Doublepost

I got this yesterday, I googled it and the first result was the apple forums, everyone got it on the same day. You didn't even need to uninstall itunes.

Just later in the day I checked for updates for AVG and it downloaded and everything was fixed.

I was pretty scared when this came up aswell...