N-Europe

Pokémafia Two - Sign Ups Thread

ReZourceman

If I sign up not knowing how to play these mafia things, is it going to be easy enough for me to understand/pick up? or will it result in lots of moaning at me for not knowing what to do? I would like to try one of them out just the fact that I haven't a clue what to do has put me off so far.

Best way to learn is definitely to play, but basically this is all you need to know;

- There are two or three types of factions. Townies (the good guys) Mafia (the bad guys) and Neutrals (could be either or have different "win condition")

The object of the game for the town is the vanquish the mafia, and the object for the mafia is vice versa. To start off with no one knows who the mafia is or who the townies are. The mafia are allowed to talk to each other.

Each day people will discuss things and decide who to "lynch". When majority is reached the person will be killed and their role revealed.

Each player has a special power. This will be something like - (typical mafia roles)

- Investigator. Can investigate a player and will be told if they are town/mafia etc.

- Roleblocker. Can target a player and their power will be cancelled.

Etc. The mafia can kill people at night.

That is basically. Mine are major awesome due to my awesome ability to create awesome roles. You could say this one will be a bit....unexpected too because I've got non standard mafia roles too.

Should be good fun.

If I sign up not knowing how to play these mafia things, is it going to be easy enough for me to understand/pick up? or will it result in lots of moaning at me for not knowing what to do? I would like to try one of them out just the fact that I haven't a clue what to do has put me off so far.

Indeed, playing a game is the best way to learn. I can also recommend reading through one or two previous games to get an idea of the flow. You'll definitely be confused at times, unsure how to act, what to do, and who to trust. But you'll quickly pick up skills. And don't worry if everyone gets a little jumpy - we all become paranoid in mafia games. :heh: