NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Katie

Help with iTunes 8.

I've got some podcasts that I've added to iTunes but they've gone into my music section and I can't work out how to get them into podcasts. I've looked through the 'get info' menu but the media kind dropdown doesn't have podcast as an option.

Any ideas?

I don't think you can add podcasts to the 'proper' iTunes podcast directory unless you actually downloaded them through iTunes (if you did, they should be there by default anyway). I could be wrong though. What you could do is give them all the genre 'podcast' and make a new smart playlist with the rule genre -> is -> podcast. And then in the future you could change the genre of any podcast you add and it will go to your new playlist automatically.

Thanks for that at least I know to stop trying :heh: why do they make it so complicated? I found the option to skip when shuffling songs so that's the most annoying thing sorted.

You could always add them to the audiobook section as well. I think it might be because the Podcast section is like an RSS feed.

Sign in to follow this