N-Europe

Wipeout HD fury expansion pack

Choze

Just to warn you, if you found the amount of attempts to beat Visari painfully annoying, this is similar to Zico.

I'm feeling this, just got the trophy Air Braker for completing 50 zones using air brakes only. Going to go for 75. This is gonna be hard.

Edited by dwarf

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK after playing through the campaign on elite again (almost up to where I was before the data shat itself) it's fair to say that I can't bloody wait for this to come out, especially because I'm getting an HDTV for my room soon.

The game is just awesome, I know it's not revolutionary - the clue is in the title - but it has it's own perks and looks & plays incredible. Bending round corners, boosting, absorbing, missiling, barrel rolling all seamlessly and is just so rewarding when you string it all together in order to win.

It goes in my favourite games ever list, something which Motorstorm hasn't quite done (more speed please) and I only hope the expansion can offer up even more awesomeness. To think the game retailed at £11.99 is unbelievable, if this were a Wii game it'd be worth £50 in value terms. Plus you get to play our own music i.e. Beautiful Day - U2. Om nom nom nom nom!

OK after playing through the campaign on elite again (almost up to where I was before the data shat itself) it's fair to say that I can't bloody wait for this to come out, especially because I'm getting an HDTV for my room soon.

The game is just awesome, I know it's not revolutionary - the clue is in the title - but it has it's own perks and looks & plays incredible. Bending round corners, boosting, absorbing, missiling, barrel rolling all seamlessly and is just so rewarding when you string it all together in order to win.

It goes in my favourite games ever list, something which Motorstorm hasn't quite done (more speed please) and I only hope the expansion can offer up even more awesomeness. To think the game retailed at £11.99 is unbelievable, if this were a Wii game it'd be worth £50 in value terms. Plus you get to play our own music i.e. Beautiful Day - U2. Om nom nom nom nom!

Motorstorm has an expansion pack coming out soon....

Yeah but I'm not going to buy it. From the trailer it looked like they've added 3 new tracks, and then slapped on some different effects for existing tracks. I can live without that pack tbh.

Motorstorm would be so much better if the boost had more of a kick, as it is you are constantly overheating and it just feels to slow and awkward - like you're going to get overtaken because of how slow you turn a corner and how little the boost affects your speed when you start driving again.

Wipeout updte looks like a must have. Pretty much another whole game on top. I hope they add a campaign mode for the new tracks.

Yeah but I'm not going to buy it. From the trailer it looked like they've added 3 new tracks, and then slapped on some different effects for existing tracks. I can live without that pack tbh.

Motorstorm would be so much better if the boost had more of a kick, as it is you are constantly overheating and it just feels to slow and awkward - like you're going to get overtaken because of how slow you turn a corner and how little the boost affects your speed when you start driving again.

Wipeout updte looks like a must have. Pretty much another whole game on top. I hope they add a campaign mode for the new tracks.

Yeah the Wipeout Fury pack looks like a whole new game. To think, I almost didnt get wipeout cos I sucked so bad at wipeout 3..

Just to warn you, if you found the amount of attempts to beat Visari painfully annoying, this is similar to Zico.

Zico is in another league. You can check the amount of people who done Zico and its not pretty.

Zico is in another league. You can check the amount of people who done Zico and its not pretty.

Really? I'm glad I got it then, it's hard but I'm sure there's a fair amount of people that have got it because it just takes practise. If I manage to finish of the campaign on elite I WILL get platinum. There are other annoying trophies like that arcade perfect one though.

Edit: I've only got 4 elite gold medals to get for the golf trophy! WOOP!

It's not actually been as hard as I thought it would be, I've passed a few of the levels in the last set within the first 2 tries, and my time trials have been far from perfect yet they have bagged me top 200 places globally.

Edited by dwarf

• 4 weeks later...
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/100/1004807p1.html

OM NOM NOM!

So the expansion will probably release for around £6 featuring 12 new tracks and 3 new modes NEXT THURSDAY!!!

Oh dear, this and Shatter next week? Unbelievable!

CAN NOT WAIT! Damnit! If it had come this week, could have been playing it on my day off. Ah well may just book another day off then.

Had an awesome tournie with Cookyman yesterday. Was soooo thrilling, my hands were still shaking afterwards. Cooky nearly destroyed me on several occasions, I think the fourth was the closest I came to dying but managed to survive and get a boost pad just before the finish line to win it and the tournie, with the game telling me my energy was 'at critical levels'. Some of those races were toooo close for my nerves to handle. Must do it again today!

Only played this a very little bit last night (as in 1 race) due to playing Shatter but i love what they have done with the menu! The new red/black theme looks cool as well.

I like the look of the new modes that have been added also, i cant really say much about it yet but from what i have seen it looks brill!