N-Europe

Moving out

Daniel

As the title infers i am soon to be moving out, was wondering if i could call on some of you students and home owners to offer me any advice? :) Know any good deals for home phone/internet? Gas water and electric? Had any bad experiences? Learnt any hard lessons?

Any tips are greatly appreciated!!

Well i have just bought my own house. I used u switch to get my gas and electric supplier. N power were the best of a bad bunch for me.

I havent bothered with internet at home. As im hardly there and im not paying for a phone line.

Have you started buying stuff for the house kitchen etc. Its unreal how much stuff you actually need. If you havent sit down and right a list and start buying before you move out.

Me and my girlfriend had nearly everything we needed before we moved in.

My dad has been buying stuff when hes seen it on offer, got things like cutlery and plates and that. got a kettle. house has oven and washer and fridge/freezer. needs carpets and curtains which will be major expense. Ill need internet i expect :P im mostly at home :)

Ill keep n-power in mind, o2 seem to do the best internet, £15/m unlimited downloads and 20gb max download.

I would go with one of those all in one tv, phone and internet packages, sure you're locking yourself in for a term but at least you only have to worry about paying one price per month for something. As for choosing Gas and electricity companies, use and compare the various comparison websites as I've heard some do actually favour certain companies.

Im not sure i want a TV package though really, the only tv i watch i errrrr 'aquire' through other means. Anything else is on terrestrial. Or i guess freeview too :P Im not even sure i need a landline phone! I know ill need a line rental to allow me to have broadband but my mobile should suffice??

Im not sure i want a TV package though really, the only tv i watch i errrrr 'aquire' through other means. Anything else is on terrestrial. Or i guess freeview too :P Im not even sure i need a landline phone! I know ill need a line rental to allow me to have broadband but my mobile should suffice??

There are plenty of deals about with phones and broadband. I think if you are going to have a phone line then the extra cost will be pennys really.

I deffinalty woudnt bother with TV yet. Get your outgoings sorted first there are a few shocks. Like the Tv licensce is £28 for the first 5 months. As you have to get in 6 months worth of credit or some rubbish. Freeview is pritty good any way.