NEurope
danny

Help the Gurkhas

I, for one, am pro-military. And seeing these brave people putting their lives on the line for the sake of the very nation that treats them as outcasts is appalling. But this shouldn't be very surprising to anyone. The Government more or less turns a blind eye to anybody who's served in the Armed Forces and no longer does. It's a crying shame that charities such as Help for Heroes have to be set up in place of state funding for the welfare of these heroes. As someone who's seriously considering a future in the Army, it's of real concern that if I'm mentally scarred ot loose a limb in battle, the government won't be there to even thank me. Well, it's that and the food I'm worried about.

As someone who's seriously considering a future in the Army, it's of real concern that if I'm mentally scarred ot loose a limb in battle, the government won't be there to even thank me. Well, it's that and the food I'm worried about.

Dont let it put you off mate. Im navy personally but dont do ships (go figure) the food in afghan was brilliant. Well when your on camp it is. Not so good in field but what can you expect.

Dont let it put you off mate. Im navy personally but dont do ships (go figure) the food in afghan was brilliant. Well when your on camp it is. Not so good in field but what can you expect.

As with anybody in the Armed Forces, you have my upmost respect.

The food is only of concern to me because I'm a fussy eater, and, even though the food is said to have improved considerably over the past years, it still may not be my cup of tea. Nevertheless, I'll join, for the experience, if anything. I was thinking of the Marines, but the training looks too tough.

This is going way off topic.

Just an update a gurkha from 1st battalion the royal gurkha regiment was killed yesterday, alongside a member of the royal millitary police. Cpl Pun was killed whilst mentoring the afghan national police. His wife is said to have been left unable to walk or talk by the news of her husbands death.

And the most sickening part? Not the fact this man was killed whilst trying to help a country to stand on its own feet. But the fact that his now widdow does not have the right to remain in the country her husband died fighting for. Shamefull dosent even come close.

In balance the govenment has said they would not seek to deport the widow of a fallen soldier. But it should be set out in stone and be there right.

Just an update a gurkha from 1st battalion the royal gurkha regiment was killed yesterday, alongside a member of the royal millitary police. Cpl Pun was killed whilst mentoring the afghan national police. His wife is said to have been left unable to walk or talk by the news of her husbands death.

And the most sickening part? Not the fact this man was killed whilst trying to help a country to stand on its own feet. But the fact that his now widdow does not have the right to remain in the country her husband died fighting for. Shamefull dosent even come close.

In balance the govenment has said they would not seek to deport the widow of a fallen soldier. But it should be set out in stone and be there right.

You are absolutely right, and I agree with you totally.

But godammit, your spelling...

An update for you all.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8060607.stm

All Gurkhas with at least 4 years service will now be allowed to settle in the UK with there family.

Top result as i have said in another thread just shows that people can make a difference. Just a shame it took a celebrity to shame the govenment in to something that they should have just done any way.