NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Jamba

Modding and Level Design

Hey guys,

For those of us who actually get down to fiddling with a level editor I thought that I'd make a new thread.

Feel free to post any question regarding to level design or using an editor and we can all try our best to sort it out.

I'm working on learning Hammer and the general Source engine right now. Must admit that I've already come across a major problem just trying to run my first map (it''s the one from the tutorial!) During compiling I get the following error:

MountAppFilesystem() failed: SteamMountAppFilesystem(218,35,0x4a6fd54) failed with error 21: A different version of this FS is already in use.

Source has been around for a long time and the SDK Wiki is not helping. Any ideas?

I used Source SDK last week at Nottingham Trent Uni. Made a room and filled it with zombies at first, then pretty much anything I wanted - NPCs and weapons. Pretty Cool.

Found a solution for your problem here

Did you put textures on the walls?

Walls, floors and ceiling. I also set a NPC movement path, firstly for pigeons which flew around the room in a pattern.

Oh, maybe something best in a private message? :P

I am quite interested in making a level for source this summer. I haven't done any level design this year and am a little disappointed... thought I'd of gotten the chance. Any useful links for starting out with mapping for source. Do they still use Hammer for Valve games?

Sign in to follow this