NEurope
Raining_again

Would you help a stranger?

Yeah, I watched the rest of it and the rest of them seemed more real.

Anyone else see a problem with that show? It's about how bad it is that no one would help, but then it shows that 2 out of the 3 people that did helped ended up dead or almost stabbed to death. Of course no one will help if they're always being shown people who do help being stabbed. To me that program makes things worse if anything.

It just makes me question the reasoning behind the program. Can you tell I did media studies at school? It's made me quite cynical...

I did notice that actually yeah, I was a bit dissappointed in it for doing it like that too, but I guess the whole idea of it is to make good and emotional watching. To hear the story of someone who nearly had something terrible happen to them only it didn't because somebody stepped in and everyone lived happily ever after, well, I guess it's the kind of thing we assume/expect is going on already. I did like the fact that Liam's mother showed conviction and confidence in what her son did, even though it cost him his life, and she wouldn't change that. It makes me wonder though if the film did more to encourage people, or discourage them from helping those in need...