N-Europe

Recommend me a TV please

Konfucius

So we only have on TV at home and this one has severe flickering so we are thinking about buying a new one.

But I'm not really into TVs so I have a limited idea of what's good at the moment but I know what I don't want; I don't want HD support (there are no HD programs for some time in Austria) and I don't want a plasma.

I thought about either an LCD but I'm not sure if they are fast enough for gaming or a cathode ray tube TV with 100 Hz and if possible a Philips, imo they have the best colours and contrast.

Contradictions welcome and I'm also glad if you can just recommend me a site where I can look for myself or get some info on what to buy.

If I were you I would get a CRT screen. Prices on those are dropping fast due to people purchasing flat screens. And also because todays CRT screens are very good screens. So you can buya cheap CRT now, and then when *thundering voice* "HD ERA ARRIVES!", you can buy a pwetty plasma and hang it on your wall.

Then you will be cool like me. ;)

Just dont buy a crap make go for one of these.

Sony

Panasonic

Toshiba

Samsung

Philips.

and DONT go to comet,currys, go on the net wayyy cheaper.

I'm in a similar situation as the original poster. What decent online sites are there for buying TV's?

Thanks for the replies so far.

What price are aiming at? If you want a 100Hz Philips you're done for about €600-700.

Also remember the World Championships will be broadcasted in HD (not sure about Austria though).

The World Championship will be in HD in Austria too but I'll watch only a few of the matches, my biggest interest actually is that I can play Revo games on a screen suited for them.