NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tellyn

Spectrobes: Origins

The DS original and its sequel, out this week, probably aren't on anyone's radars. To be fair, it was a neat concept, the game was just mundane. The environments, the monsters... Spectrobes Origins is looking better. I've seen a few screens, it's looking nice in full cel-shaded 3D on the Wii.

The Picross DS guys aren't working on this one though. *Prays they're working on DSi/WiiWare/Wii/DS again Picross*

The hit DS RPG is coming home. Well... coming to a home console anyway.

After becoming a moderate hit with two DS outings, Disney’s high-budget Pokemon variant is poised to hit the big time when it comes to Wii this Autumn.

Spectrobes: Origins will follow the same premise of its smaller brothers: players explore, find and excavate fossils in order to grow a fighting force of mythical monsters ready for real-time battles. Origins will utilise the Wii Remote to enhance the Spectrobes feel.

Spectrobes: Origins is in development at Genki, rather than Jupiter who handled the DS games. The Wii title is expected to ship later this year.

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=12921

There are a couple of screenshots of this hovering around the interweb somewhere. Looks nice, very colourful and character models are done well from what I can see. Never played the DS games but it seems it'll try to keep the feel of the originals in this iteration.

Ah yes, those were the screens I was talking about. Thanks Retro. Character models look good but the scenery is a bit meh. Would be nice if they put in the online for this. Seeing as we don't know much about it it is likely they may well put it in there. No reason not to.

Ah yes, those were the screens I was talking about. Thanks Retro. Character models look good but the scenery is a bit meh. Would be nice if they put in the online for this. Seeing as we don't know much about it it is likely they may well put it in there. No reason not to.

It's an improvement over the dull DS scenery. And considering both DS games have online modes, there's no reason for them not to do so with the Wii version. Would be cool if they did some DS-Wii connectivity, enabling you to input the cards that came free with the DS games and gave you some extra monsters.

Yeh, was going to mention DS-Wii connectivity as they've recently released the second title on the DS so there could be some connectivity stuff in there. Who knows.

It's an improvement over the dull DS scenery.

Its a pity that stuff like this actually needs pointing out. It should be a given! :heh:

Its a pity that stuff like this actually needs pointing out. It should be a given! :heh:

I'm referring to the art direction, I don't care if it's a technically inferior console, Phantom Hourglass had bloody good scenery, so have various other games. Spectrobes looked dull.

looks ok..

like a real time pokemon really isn't it?

The charter voices hopefully will be limited.. Graphics seem to be TOO colourful as well...

Oh well hopefully it will be something.

Sign in to follow this