N-Europe

LittleBigPlanet, Assasins Creed, MotorStorm Arctic Edge and Rock Band PSP announced

Choze

One thing about LBP that has me a little worried is how quickly it is coming to another format other than PS3. It could have an impact on PS3 sales if the titles proves to be a slow burner. I mean there may be gamers whose eyes were turned by LBP but perhaps couldn't justify buying it for just one game, but now say Killzone 2 is out they might think hell I'll get one, or perhaps the prospect of God of War 3, but now the news is out that LBP is out on handheld perhaps people will be tempted to just get it out for that instead.

One thing about LBP that has me a little worried is how quickly it is coming to another format other than PS3. It could have an impact on PS3 sales if the titles proves to be a slow burner. I mean there may be gamers whose eyes were turned by LBP but perhaps couldn't justify buying it for just one game, but now say Killzone 2 is out they might think hell I'll get one, or perhaps the prospect of God of War 3, but now the news is out that LBP is out on handheld perhaps people will be tempted to just get it out for that instead.

It will be very different though and certainly not the main game. But for PSP imo its a good mix compared to say Resistance.

It will be very different though and certainly not the main game. But for PSP imo its a good mix compared to say Resistance.

Yeah it will no doubt will be different. In the eye of the average consumer though will they see the difference? Will they not think hey I could spend top bucks on a PS3 to get LBP or I could just pick up a PSP... I only think it really applies to LBP, Motorstorm will be bought by fans regardless and people are not going to buy either system just for that game I don't feel. Same goes for Rockband and a lot of the other announcements they have made...

My problem with it lies in that I think it is possibly denying the PS3 new users and this is something I don't want to see...Want to see the user base increase (omg what's happened to me...the days of Nintendo fanboy are well and truly gone!) I think if they perhaps held back LBP on PSP until say next year...then coupled with the expected price drop this year may have benefited PS3 sales more significantly.