N-Europe

Pc being a bitch!

Bren

Whenever i turn on me pc it just gets to the "Windows is starting up..." part, just before the accounts list pops up, and it stops, i can still move my mouse pointer and the pc sound like its doing something, but it does nothing! Its been sat on the same bit for 20 mins now, anyone got any ideas?

I REALLLY dont wanna reformat if possible, iv got a shed load of music/movies on it that i dont really wanna lose :/

Any help would be much appreciated, and if you wanna see the problem i can get it on cam if needed.

Cheers! HELPP MEH!

edit: running on xp btw!

There are so many various things that it could be so it's hard to diagnose from that alone:- but yeah, as CoolFunkMan suggests, definitely see if it starts in safe mode, then when you're in, you could try running system restore to a time when it worked OK, alternatively, start>run>msconfig then go under startup and see if there any extra things you don't recognise and start unchecking them. You won't cause problems by unchecking everything under that startup tab to be honest, and it's completely reversible.

• 2 weeks later...

Sry for the long wait, couldnt find me keyboard, finally bought one today.

When i start in safe mode i get a blue screen, saying video driver failed to initialize, so cant get past that :/

And when i tryed the 'Last known working config' from the same list, it froze on the windows login screen as usual :(

Anymore ideas?