N-Europe

Adobe software

nightwolf

Right, I need adobe software for univesity, currently I'm having to run to a computer everyday to work from whilst my lovely desktop is sitting doing nothing.

The question I need to know is whether cs4 runs with cs3? The uni runs cs3 and I don't want to go trialing it/buying it if it doesn't work with cs3.

:awesome:

afaik anything saved with CS4 will work in CS3 - it has for me anyway. A psd is still a psd, for example. It's worth noting that CS4 needs a more powerful PC, I trialed Photoshop CS4 and went back to CS3 because I need a better video card and more RAM to make the most of CS4 - and the changes weren't amazing IMO (unless you're actually using it for photo editing, in which case there's some very fancy features).

What will you mostly be using? Flash? I'm pretty sure anything covered in Flash CS4 will be backwards compatible in CS3 - they both make use of actionscript 3 etc. A few of the programs - Dreamweaver especially - have barely changed.

It's mostly Flash, I ideally need to download it and fast, as in a trial. But could only find cs4.

Thats good to know then, means I can go and download it now.

I may as well us this thread again considering it's about Flash.

EDIT: Sorted it, my publish settings were set as as3 rather than as2.