NEurope
MoogleViper

I passed my test!!!

Well fuck me yesterday went from shite to worse. I went to for 5. But it turns out I wasn't supposed to start 'til 6. That coupled with it being the slowest day ever meant I was bored out of my brains.

Then on the way back home, I passed the 1 mile sign to J30 (my junction), and there was boxes of all sorts all over the M1. I went over it and got a puncture. So I went onto the hard shoulder and put my hazards on, got out of passengers side and stood away from the motorway. I rang my dad and he said he would come and fetch me (I know it's illegal but I don't want to pay £140 to be taken 1200m down the road). So anyway Whilst I was waiting (I didn't have a coat, 'twas cold). The lorry driver who was also on the hard shoulder (me, him and another car were on it) came over and asked if I was ok. He then explained that it was a pick-up who had lost all of their belongings, and that he had hit their wardrobe. Then he drove of an when my dad arrived he told me to drive off the M1 as it wasn't far and pull up in Barlborough. So I set off with him behind me (with a flat tyre), but when it came to the junction my indicators wouldn't work, so I turned the hazards on and off again and then it worked. So when I pulled up in a lay-by we tried getting the wheel off but to no avail. Partly because it's an old car and partly because the wheel was buckled from driving on it flat. So my sister's boyfriend came down from Wickersly(sp?) with some WD40, a hammer and a torch. So we managed to get the wheel off and change it and I got home after midnight when I finish at 10 and it's normally a less than 30min drive.

Sorry for the long post. Doubt many people will actually read it.

Ouch, bad luck.

I read it all, but all the stuff you write is easy to read.

How come you didn't avoid it?

-epic story-

that's a bit of a baptism of fire! Maybe your next driving adventure won't be so crazy.

You having the get the wheel fixed or is it okay now?

Ouch, bad luck.

I read it all, but all the stuff you write is easy to read.

How come you didn't avoid it?

It was covering all 3 lanes. When my dad went by he saw some wooden steps in the hard shoulder.

The overhead sign thingy that said "Debris in road" was after the debris. When we were trying to change the wheel a police car went by so perhaps they had closed it after that.

that's a bit of a baptism of fire! Maybe your next driving adventure won't be so crazy.

You having the get the wheel fixed or is it okay now?

Well the spare is on at the moment. Going to chuck the wheel but my parents have gone to the scrappy to get another one. Just gonna need two new tyres.

It was covering all 3 lanes. When my dad went by he saw some wooden steps in the hard shoulder.

The overhead sign thingy that said "Debris in road" was after the debris. When we were trying to change the wheel a police car went by so perhaps they had closed it after that.

Well the spare is on at the moment. Going to chuck the wheel but my parents have gone to the scrappy to get another one. Just gonna need two new tyres.

Wrong time wrong place really, lets hope it doesn't break the bank =/

Hope you kept your cool, not the best experience for a brand new driver.

just typical, eh! Don't let it put you off tho! ^^

Wrong time wrong place really, lets hope it doesn't break the bank =/

Hope you kept your cool, not the best experience for a brand new driver.

Yeah (without trying to sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet) I'm quite good when it comes to keeping my cool. I just got onto the hard shoulder safely. Same with when I skidded on ice, I just kept my cool and steered back onto the road.

just typical, eh! Don't let it put you off tho! ^^

I won't do.

EDIT: Also when I was waiting for my dad I tried ringing Strider up to pass the time but he never answers his phone.

EDIT2: My parents have just come back with a new wheel. Only cost a fiver. The window mechanism I bought from there a few weeks ago cost a fiver as well. I wonder what else I could get for a fiver. Some seats? A car? The land?

Best way really, i never panic.

Ask anyone who comes in the car with me. (i.e. Davey_t)

Best way really, hesitating causes accidents, and makes you look a fool.

Best way really, i never panic.

Ask anyone who comes in the car with me. (i.e. Davey_t)

Best way really, hesitating causes accidents, and makes you look a fool.

I don't think hesitation is the problem. I think it's panicking and doing stupid/dangerous stuff.