NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
stuwii

Nearly games

Gotta agree with Jammy about MP3 and TP.

If you've played 1 or even 2 previous 3D games then these are fairly walkthrough. Nintendo do run out of ideas at a point and frankly the challenge of actual exploration and puzzles in both of those games were amazingly tame.

Now SMG was easy but I didn't care. I was enjoying myself too much :p

Gotta agree with Jammy about MP3 and TP.

If you've played 1 or even 2 previous 3D games then these are fairly walkthrough. Nintendo do run out of ideas at a point and frankly the challenge of actual exploration and puzzles in both of those games were amazingly tame.

Now SMG was easy but I didn't care. I was enjoying myself too much :p

I don't think Nintendo are out of ideas really. Its more just all the fanboys will complain if they do something too original with an older series.

Red Steel has been mentioned by a couple of people.. and in a way I agree that it is perhaps a 'nearly' game, but when I got it for Christmas I loved it an awful lot! There was so much talk about the controls being dodgy before I got it, but I picked it up straight away and it was exactly as I expected.. it felt great! Having said that, I have played Metroid Prime 3 this year and going back to Red Steel feels very strange.. strange enough to make me realise why everyone complained about the controls in the first place. I want to play through it again though as I enjoyed it a lot :smile:

Staying with the Wii, one game that I couldn't help but feel disappointed with was a game that I put plenty of hours into just hoping for it to live up to it's potential! Super Paper Mario sounded promising.. a platformer combined with RPG elements and the ability to switch between dimensions! I was looking forward to it and I started off quite enjoying the first few stages and thinking it could be great! It was decent, but I felt that somehow it could have done a little more with the dimension swapping ability. I felt frustrated playing a lot of the time as it seemed like I was constantly having to switch to 3D just to check to see if anything was there. It quickly became annoying rather than interesting :hmm: It certainly wasn't as good as the brilliant Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door on GC..

Sign in to follow this