N-Europe

Help me choose a TV!

Molly

White is probably considered to be a more distracting color than black, silver, even red. I don't I've ever really seen a white TV to be truthful.

Oh and that TV isn't really out of date, it's just not 1080p is all, everything else seems normal.

I have a quick question of my own, what exactly is freeview?

I have a quick question of my own, what exactly is freeview?

Digital television that you don't have to pay for. Analogue is going out in the next few years so freeview is the way to get telly without a monthly subscription. You can get freesat, a freeview box or a TV with freeview built in.

ahhh. Interesting, here in the US analog will be done in Febuary 09. Right now they're pushing people to get converter boxes to change an analog signal into digital so that antennas and whatnot still work. Right now we can get HD channels over the antenna even.

Thanks though.

Why aren't there many white HDTVs? :|

I'm guessing this is a bit out of date now, still considering getting it.

There's a few around. Philips Aurea, 9803 and Sony Bravia EX1 are white along with some of the Loewe sets. Problem is they all cost a bare minimum of £2000!

It's wierd i guess. Maybe you're ahead of the curve here, what starts in the high-end usually filters down. Those Philips sets are the best LCD TVs on the market, the Sony is a triumph on engineering and Loewe are basically home cinema style gods. White is the new black?