N-Europe

itunes woes please help me!

flameboy

Ok so firstly on my dads desktop running vista. Everytime I try to log in on itunes, I get this on my screen;

18737106eu1.jpg

I have tried updating itunes and have done to the latest version, turned off my firewall etc... and still nothing, also the store never loads just has a white background all the time...

I need to get it working, as my laptop has packed in but thankfully I was using an external hard drive anyway as my itunes songs took up too much space...its simply a case of running itunes off the HDD again and then importing all my songs in, but obviously without being able to log in I can't get it to work for my purchased songs or update my podcasts.

Please really need help!

Quoted from here:

FIX

I have managed to fix this error. I have Windows 2000, but I think it should be OK for any Windows version.

1. Make sure iTunes is closed.

2. Move My Documents/My Music/iTunes/iTunes* (2 files, *.itl, and *.xml) to Desktop

3. Start up iTunes, it will create the two files above.

4. In iTunes: File :: Import...

5. Select .xml instead of text.

6. Select the iTunes Music Library.xml

ITunes stopped complaining.

How long was this an issue? Is it a week or just this morning? iTune Stores can be down sometimes - and then you get this error (we all remember (vividly) the horrible July 11th date - almost the same as two months later).

Well that's a bit of an exaguration from my side, but heck.

Well I now know my brother had some issues with a few months ago and now I am having the same issues...he never resolved them just used a different computer..

It could have to do with your network settings, or, if you're living in China, the Great Firewall. However, Apple has documented a problem in Windows with several files that don't work anymore and therefore iTunes can't connect. Sorry dude, sometimes things just don't work out.

Or maybe, on september 9th, iTunes 8.0 might solve your issues. Although, well, I wouldn't bet on it.

It could have to do with your network settings, or, if you're living in China, the Great Firewall. However, Apple has documented a problem in Windows with several files that don't work anymore and therefore iTunes can't connect. Sorry dude, sometimes things just don't work out.

Or maybe, on september 9th, iTunes 8.0 might solve your issues. Although, well, I wouldn't bet on it.

its just crap...I've read tons of reports...of people who get the -50 error and apple just dont want to know...

I've tried my network settings, I've turned off every other program running and nothing...