NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
IMJ

Call of Duty 2: Big Red one - Any good?

Hey all,

Lately, I'm in the mood for shooters. I've got my eye on Call of Duty 2: Big Red One. I've checked Gamerankings.com and it's got an average of 79,8%. Good but not great.

I know the Cube version doesnt have a multiplayer mode, but I'm not too worried about that. I want a decent FPS that's fun to play. Shooting and sniping enemies. Kinda like brainless action :P Tight control is a must for me.

Has anyone got this game? Do you recommend me, should I wait till it's cheaper or should I look for alternatives? Thanks :)

Can't comment on this one although the first one was good fun, so I would think this should be its equal at least

I downloaded the PC demo today, my PC isn't powerful at all (1.7GHZ Pentium 4 Processor, 256MB RAM, GeForce 128MB FX5500 graphics card) and it ran smoothly.

Fantastic demo, I can only imagine the full game is brilliant. I dunno if it would work so well on 'Cube. But none the less, great.

I downloaded the PC demo today, my PC isn't powerful at all (1.7GHZ Pentium 4 Processor, 256MB RAM, GeForce 128MB FX5500 graphics card) and it ran smoothly.

Fantastic demo, I can only imagine the full game is brilliant. I dunno if it would work so well on 'Cube. But none the less, great.

The PC game Call of Duty 2, and Call of Duty 2: Big Red One are totally different games.

The PC versions hold up as the benchmarks for the whole series, so you're unlikely to get a console version that's as good.

CoD2: Big Red One isn't developed by the same team that made Finest Hour either, but if you're after a fun shooter then I can hardly see you being dissapointed with it.................(it's not Medal of Honour afterall!)

Wow, I didn't know that.

But what I do know is the demo I played on the Xbox360 and on PC were the same.

Wow, I didn't know that.

But what I do know is the demo I played on the Xbox360 and on PC were the same.

Yeah, that's right. The PC CoD2 was ported to the 360 aswell (more horsepower), but apparently the 360 port is quite inferior to the PC version in quite a few ways.

I've yet to play the 360 version, but someone posted that on their blog after having some play time with it.

Well then I better not make the mistake of getting the 'cube version. The PC version is quite awesome.

Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, that's right. The PC CoD2 was ported to the 360 aswell (more horsepower), but apparently the 360 port is quite inferior to the PC version in quite a few ways.

I've yet to play the 360 version, but someone posted that on their blog after having some play time with it.

That is incorrect, it wasnt a port as they were both built for the systems at the same time.

That is incorrect, it wasnt a port as they were both built for the systems at the same time.

Sorry, I thought it was a port. Still, the PC version has superior controls and visual quality.

Yeah I know CoD2 is different than CoD2: Big Red One. Gotta say, I do my gaming on consoles only and I haven't gotten my hands on any WWII FPS's yet. So basically I'm a piece of blank paper ready for some action :P

So better than any of those Medal of Honour console games?

BTW, I really should get TimeSplitters 3, since I loved the TS2 and it's so damn cheap right now. But right now I want a little more realism...

Sign in to follow this