NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tales

Dvd player

Can a computer be region coded? I just tried to play a region four dvd on my laptop and it worked. But I thought that might be because of all that Australia/Europe connection. I know many dvds are marked "2,4 and 5" on the box(this one was only marked 4 though). I want to buy a series from the North America that will never be released over here. Will it work?

And if it does work, I need some kind of cable that will allow me to run it on my laptop but watch it on my tv. Does something like that exist?

Normally DVD-Drives are Region Locked. I think you can change the region five times or so though.

Normally DVD-Drives are Region Locked. I think you can change the region five times or so though.

Yea. I think it ranges from computer to computer. I think the old Dell desktop said I could change it 3 times. I changed it once, then back, then I had one more change I think.

Or you could just watch it with VLC or other dvd playing software without having the region restrictions.

Yeah, it was VLC I used. I just wanted to make sure that it plays region 1 dvds too, I don't have any to test.

Sign in to follow this