NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Blackfox

SMART failure on HDD

Hey guys,

I've been getting a message up on startup saying "SMART failure O;5T9120824-A (PM). Hard drive failure imminent. Back up data, blah blah" for some time now.

Today I've bothered checking it out - and downloaded a program to check the details of the problem, and this is the results.

hardrivemi4.jpg

What should I do? Is there any way of removing the start up message? It won't load windows until I press F1 - which is slightly annoying since its a pain pressing F1 all the time...

Cheers for yer help!

It would appear that you need to do a firmware update for your SMART Array and at some stage do a server reboot.

Do you have any spare storage to do the easy solution of back up and format?

Yeah, I've all backed it up on my portable HDD - just don't really want to do a format; was hoping there'd be a quick fix solution?

Ah it's your main drive that has the error? For some reason I had it in my head that it was an external or slave drive.

How would I do that? I don't have a server though..

Sorry, I was only quoting what I found on a forum. There may be others with a more detailed explanation if you google it.

Err... Try running a windows error check on the HDD.

My computer > Right click Hard drive > properties > Tools tab > check now button.

Tick the top two boxes on the pop up window and select start.

Sign in to follow this