NEurope
ReZourceman

"But yeah"

Watch a footballer being interviewed, especially Joe Cole or David Beckham and count the "you know"s. I once got 36 in one interview.

There's this one guy I've heard him say it at every pause he made when speaking to my dad. They talked for a good 30 minutes. By god was there a lot of pauses.

I say "wee" a lot in general conversation. "There are a few wee neds over there" etc.

I know loads of people who say "like" after 'like' anything at all where you really don't need to say it.

"Actually" to an extent too, but it's not as bad as "like", like.

I use "For sure" all the time, for sure.

I use "Actually" a lot too.

"But yeah" is a sentence saviour! I use it a lot. Generally i use the words "awesome" and "totally" too much too.

What bugs me is people that say "At the end of the day...". Footballers are the most guilty, i counted Beckham say it over 30 times within a short interview. It's ridiculous, and a stupid saying anyway.

I agree...I hate that saying.

"At the end of the day...blah.."

Yuhuh...and from the beginning of the day, you're a ****.

I agree...I hate that saying.

"At the end of the day...blah.."

Yuhuh...and from the beginning of the day, you're a ****.

To be fair, it's a good way of summarizing, and a hell of a lot less annoying than 'but yeah'.

When I'm on msn, I'm not the most talkative of people, and when someone says something that I can't not really acknowledge, I tend to just say "mmm", as I would in actualy conversation. Starting to worry of late though, that people could take it the wrong way and translate it as a sort of pervy, creepy "yum yum": "mmm".

To be fair, it's a good way of summarizing, and a hell of a lot less annoying than 'but yeah'.

Yeah, but (but yeah reversed lol)...the people who use it all the time. Like they say it where its not even applicable.