NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Vicar

Video card buying problem (Think I´m getting ripped off)

Hey guys I need you help about a video card, I´m going to cut this extremely short.

Witch one is better

http://www.att.is/product_info.php?cPath=41_138_139&products_id=4166

or this one

http://www.att.is/product_info.php?cPath=41_138_139&products_id=4263

and to make mater worse I got a offer in another card witch I think is the top one but it is more expensive so i think I´m getting ripped off

here are the details (If you need translation about he Icelandic words I can find them)

Kubbasett: GeForce 9600 GT

Kjarnaklukkuhraði: 650 MHz

Skjákortsminni: 512MB GDDR3

Minnisklukkuhraði: 1.8 GHz

Minnistengibraut: 256 bita

Tengibraut: PCI-Express x16

Hámarksupplausn: 2560 x 1600

Tengi: 2x DVI

I have on idea what to do because I have no idea about these tings, can you guys at least try to help me ?

There's not a big difference. The price difference is bigger than the performance difference.

You might want to wait for the Radeon HD4850 releasing this month. It'll fall into that price range, but outshines all of them.

That's a great card, ATI have well and truly reclaimed the sub-£200 range with this one. I've been taking a long, hard look at the 4870 recently, it'd be my first Radeon since the 9600 pro I had a few years back.

I might pick up the 4870 X2 when it gets released in August, it looks bad ass.

ATi have done a really good job with the R770. I'm waiting until Jan or so to get the die-shrunk version (next step up). I'll probably go with the X2 version of that (and might extend it to X2 + single card crossfire for 3 cores. If it scales well). I would get the R770 now but I only got my GTS 512 in March and I need to be buying a new monitor soon (hopefully a Hazro).

I thought the 4870 was about on par with a 9800GTX?

Great cards, unfortunately I'm not buying a card this gen but maybe they'll keep up until maybe january or february next year.

The 4850 is a wee slower than the 9800GTX (but cheaper). In AnandTech's benchmark, the 4870 won all but two of quite some benchmarks of a regular GTX 260.

I'm tempted to buy one of those, but I'm afraid I don't really have the money.

But yeah Vicar, you can get one of those just fine. It's just a different chip, no worries about compability.

So how long do you guys think this card will last me? is there a DirectX 11 on the way or something I´m pretty stupid in this area of pc gaming

DX11 is due when Windows 7 ships in early/mid 2010 :p

Sign in to follow this