NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
nekunando

Unable to see some videos/images..

For the last while, when I have tried to see any videos on Gametrailers or Sky Sports News, I have not been able to view them (the Video Player will not even show..) and, on N-Europe even, I have been unable to see a lot of peoples avatars/signatures. I'm getting very frustrated as I can;t understand what is doing this..

Can anybody please help?

If you tell us what your operating system is, browser and anti-virus package are too, it may be of help to us.

EDIT: And ISP, too.

If you tell us what your operating system is, browser and anti-virus package are too, it may be of help to us.

EDIT: And ISP, too.

Windows XP

Internet Explorer 6 (My Dad had problems viewing some of his sites with IE7)

Norton Antivirus (though I do not have the latest, it is expired)

Orange (previously Freeserve/Wanadoo)

I have done scans with Norton and AdAware many times in the last few weeks, but they wouldn't pick up anything..

oh god why do people use norton. Or IE6.

Although this points to virus I'm going to go with a house theory and blame your ISP or router. Do the pages load quickly in general?

oh god why do people use norton. Or IE6.

Although this points to virus I'm going to go with a house theory and blame your ISP or router. Do the pages load quickly in general?

They do.. maybe I'll try FireFox and see if things load there..

A weird thing which also happens sometimes is that all of a sudden, my broweser won't load anything and then about 30 IE windows will open, which surely is some sort of virus?

I'm contemplating returning to factory settings just to clear my computer out and start with a clean slate..

EDIT: No luck with Firefox either..

Welcome to hell.

Thank IE6 for it, and tell your dad that if hios sites don't work in IE7, they're probably not good anyway since they are made for Microsoft standards, wich doesn't even ensure that it works in the next version of Microsoft apps.

Get your ass on a reinstall, or a good anti-virus. Try AVG free Edition - it performs scans and secures your system for free, and it's even better than Norton (or Microsofts own OneCare).

Sign in to follow this