NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Official Issues and Problems Thread

@pratty, I have the same problem.

I researched it a bit, and it actually is caused by Wii overheating, mainly by having WiiConnect24 on. In some machine's the stanby-cooling won't work, and so the system overheats when it's on Standby-mode.

That problem occurs when the GPU is damaged. Here in Finland, the distributor won't fix it (they can't, probably) and only way to do it would be buying a new Wii. I've had this problem for a year now, but I'm not planning on getting a new Wii now. I'm just waiting for Wii U.

@pratty, I have the same problem.

I researched it a bit, and it actually is caused by Wii overheating, mainly by having WiiConnect24 on. In some machine's the stanby-cooling won't work, and so the system overheats when it's on Standby-mode.

That problem occurs when the GPU is damaged. Here in Finland, the distributor won't fix it (they can't, probably) and only way to do it would be buying a new Wii. I've had this problem for a year now, but I'm not planning on getting a new Wii now. I'm just waiting for Wii U.

I'm certain I've always had WiiConnect24 off, I reckon a system update must have turned it on or something.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo UK will fix it but I also think they'll charge me the top wack as a "major" repair. Still cheaper that a new Wii and I'll get to keep my VC games.

I'm waiting to hear back from Nintendo to see if they can fix it before Christmas, if not I'll wait until the new year.