NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

Cool technology.

http://www.physorg.com/news5156.html

twoway_LCD.gif

To sum it up. With this technology a TV can display to differnt pictures at the same time. If you sitt on the left side of the tv you'll se one image. And if you sitt on the right side you'll se a diffrent immage.

This would be cool for revolution multiplayer.

(and yes iknow that in reality this dosen't have anything to do with the revolution)

no more split screen...that would be nice. actually and I can't understand how will the controller work in multiplayer games such as mario kart or smash bros. ....

You'd be anchored to a single spot. Sometimes it's fun to see your friend's screen and your audience can see everything.

Wow this technology is amazing, I'm totally fascinated by that invention. Get 2 TVs in one. :D

It'd be cool because I guess you'd kind of be able to use it as a dual monitor system without having to go to the expense of getting another monitor. Just plonk a mirror next to it. Though I bet such a monitor would cost an absolute bomb anyway.

I saw something similar in '98, was a tv that displayed 4/8 images, for different angles. the idea then was to have a 3d image.

basically like above, but instead of two completely unrelated image on would be the image as viewed from the right, and the other from the left, and another mid left, another mid right etc etc.

I saw something similar in '98, was a tv that displayed 4/8 images, for different angles. the idea then was to have a 3d image.

basically like above, but instead of two completely unrelated image on would be the image as viewed from the right, and the other from the left, and another mid left, another mid right etc etc.

That is a way to trick the brain to see 3D images. wonder why no body devolped that further. same consept as the stereo wiggle

Old_Stone_Gate.gif

Left and right images feed to the brain at the same time.

I Realy realy want one of those to-way TVs.. if a 42" inch cost under 3000$ i want it!

If any one know where i could buy it please supply a link.

How would you watch shows or even hear them on those TVs?

You can use it as a normal tv if you want(se the same thing from all sides). And i think the Tv has to output channels for sound. Just use a headsett.

what happens if you sit in the middle, would you see a blur of both screens...?

I guess you will see both screens blury.. But only when useing it as a toway tv.

I hope this comes to europe before i buy my next Tv.

It looks.. intersting but if you loose the manual (which i find a lot of people do) and forget how to turn 2 way off it would be like on of those retarded kids cards with the 2 images, neither of which are ever clear.

Sign in to follow this