N-Europe

Essay Help (Health and Safety)

Daniel

I absolutely hate h&s just like everyone else but i have to write an essay on it, was just wondering if anyone else has had to do something similar and might have some advice. Any help is greately appreciated

"you are required to produce a 2 page fully reference report using the Harvard style of referencing on the intention, structure and processes of health and safety in construction in the UK. It is anticipated that a broad range of references beyond the HSE website will be used in preparation of this component"

Thats rather vague, different health and safety will be in place in different contexts. Hmm perhaps it would be worthwhile focusing on just a few areas such as in retail, in hospitals and in schools?

Intention seems...obvious. Umm regardless Google scholar results

Not my area of knowledge unfortunatly. Good luck though.

ive just been going through my notes from the lecture we had on it and i could write an overview on health and safety in construction, talk about the legislations and risk assesments and pull up a few stats but i dont see how thats answering the question.

anyone got any interpretations of the question? what the hell does it mean by the structures and processes in h&s :S there is no structure or processes, its just a bunch of laws you have to follow and generally a load of BS everyone has to do to avoid liability. i hate H&S with a passion

without all these laws just about all the same measures would be taken just through common sense and self preservation, and the people who would get injured and die would be the idiots and then you just put that down to natural selection. in fact just give anyone wanting a job some kind of simple common sense test to see fi they are capable of not killing themself or their collegues on a building site then give them the job based on that.

structure, maybe the different sections? such as h&s for back (ie lifting), arms (ie while using tools)...? or maybe different levels (low risk, medium risk, high risk jobs).

processes...perhaps thats like what happens if there is an accident? how new h&s laws are legislated. etc