N-Europe

Broadband help.

Fandango

I recently just finished building my new computer (for gaming) and right now its upstairs, found the perfect place for it in the study!

My only problem is Broadband. Basically, the Router is down by my work Computer, and my gaming Computer is too far away for me to connect it up with wires, and I really wouldn't want a wire trailing through my house anyway.

As far as my limited information covers, I only have a few options. I would move my Router upstairs as I don't use it for work that much, but its right next to my Wii and X-Box 360, which I go online with often. I would use Wireless, but my gaming computer is pretty far away from the router and I only get an extremely weak signal, hardly enough for Web browsing let alone gaming.

The only thing I can think of is I have a spare Belkin Router/Modem I'm not using, would I be able to use that upstairs and my other one downstairs at the same time?

Any help would be welcome, definitely not an expert at this, so sorry if I've said something stupid :(

You can connect router to router as far as I'm aware...

I doubt these connect wirelessly. (although I'm sure other forum members could point you in the right direction if they do?)

I think its requires a crossover cable router to router. You may have trouble getting them to co-operate.

Dude how big is your house? I have a Belkin G+ MIMO and I get Excellent signal strength. I'm about 3-4 metres away from the router. If you get the N1 MIMO I'm sure you would have a good strength signal.

And if signal strength is that bad then put the router in the gaming computer and the USB adapter in the work computer.

Dude how big is your house? I have a Belkin G+ MIMO and I get Excellent signal strength. I'm about 3-4 metres away from the router. If you get the N1 MIMO I'm sure you would have a good strength signal.

And if signal strength is that bad then put the router in the gaming computer and the USB adapter in the work computer.

Depends what kind of structure your house is built with. My house is pretty small and we get really poor signal from one end to the other.