Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Reggie Teases, "Big Holiday Game to Be Revealed At E3"

Fandango

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back when it was Revolution! I kid you not, let me try and find the interview where they claimed Zelda Revolution was well into development.

Yes, it's real, but it was NEVER Twilight Princess. I remember they said that Zelda Revolution was being worked on, but they always presented TP as a Gamecube game, they never claimed it was Zelda Revolution. They even said to death that TP would be the last Zelda game as we know it. So, stop confusing things. :heh:

It was still for the 'Revolution' though, so it would of counted as the 'Revolution Zelda'. There's stuff to support what me and Tellyn is saying, but there's nothing helping you out here.

If what your saying is right, why have 2 Zelda projects running at once? How come we haven't heard anything about it? And why would the Zelda team have 'recently got back together' if a Zelda was getting made?

Being for the Revolution doesn't make it the Revolution Zelda, it's a GC game.

There's stuff to support you? Where? Zelda TP is exactly the same as all the other Zeldas, and not different from what we're used to, as they said the Revolution Zelda woul be. Find the interview if you want, it'll read "Zelda TP will be the last Zelda as you know it". TP is a GC game, they added Wii controls just because GC was nearing its death and they decided to launch the game with the new console, so that it wouldn't get eclipsed. It was never meant to be anything other than a GC game until its last year of development.

The projects were running simultaneously, but I guess they were working on design concepts for the Revolution Zelda, they never said to much about it. Do you think they don't plan far ahead? They weren't making the game per se, they were "inventing it". Just like Mario Galaxy's concept was invented back in the 90's and the game only came out now. You think creative people only work on one idea at a time? Especially Miyamoto?

Anyway, however you wanna put it, the bottom line is this: TP is not the Zelda Revolution. They clearly made that distinction back in the day when they presented the first trailer of a second GC Zelda.

EDIT:

You want proof, here's proof:

Exhibit A:

According to the transcript from the radio interview, Shigeru Miyamoto stated that Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess will be the end of an era for the Zelda series:

"This will be, without a doubt, the last Zelda game as you know it in its present form."

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/content/view/460/1/ - September 2005

Exhibit B:

Miyamoto: "This will be, without a doubt, the last Zelda game as you know it in its present form. (...) We may have some last minute ideas…"

Q: "You’re going to move it to Revolution?"

Miyamoto: "No, it is a Gamecube title."

http://thenproject.com/tags/shigeru-miyamoto/ - This one has not date, but it clearly says its source is none other than our own Cube Europe. :heh: (same thing as A, different source)

Exhibit C:

Eagerly-awaited Gamecube title The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess will mark the end of an era for the hit series, according to a transcript of a recent radio interview with Shigeru Miyamoto.

"This will be, without a doubt, the last Zelda game as you know it in its present form," Miyamoto is quoted as saying.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=60754 - September 2005 (same thing as A, yet another different source)

Exhibit D:

Nintendo have confirmed in the latest issue of GameInformer that a new Zelda game is currently in development for the Wii and has been for about a year. Miyamoto has said that Twilight Princess was the last Zelda game as we knew it, so maybe this will see a distinct change in the style of gameplay.

http://www.wiispin.com/2006/12/13/zelda-wii-in-development/ - 16 December 2006, so after TP had been released on Wii everywhere, so clearly they're talking about another game, and this as early as December 2006.

You can search for more sources, all say the same in December 2006.

Nintendo is always creating things, messing around with concepts they were never heavy in production in a ground up Wii Zelda or Zelda Revolution, whatever you wanna call it and they never said that, at most, they tested some things, which got implemented in TP. That's it, no doubt about it.

Don't forget that a news article can quote what miyamoto said 20000 years, I can make a news article right now saying that TP was the last Zelda as we knew it, Miyamoto still said it before implementing Wii controls which is proven by the fact that he also said he wasn't porting it to Wii.

Miyamoto was lying, he wouldn't be permitted to say that Twilight Princess was being ported at that point.

And Nintendo do this all the time. Everyone's under the impression that Animal Crossing Wii is in development, then the creator comes out late last year and says "Oh, perhaps I should start working on it soon..."

As HellFire said, that was before the controls got added into Twilight Princess and well before the Wii version got announced. Those comments you had there don't hold any ground.

Because you choose to. TP is not Revolution Zelda, it's as clear as day that it's a GC port, much like Okami is a PS2 port. Or is Okami on Wii the "Okami Revolution"? I still haven't seen you or anyone coming up with anything that says that TP and the "Zelda Revolution new experience project" (which is confirmed since 2006, not this month or the previous one) are one and the same, except your own opinion. I came up with many quotes and now the standard shrug off is "Nintendo is always changing plans"? I know they're always changing plans, I've been playing their games since before you were born. Keep your own opinion, then, I'll keep mine, no point dragging this any more.

Your still arguing about it? Maybe some of the 99% of folk who know that was "Zelda Revolution" will tell you how.

Miyamoto wouldn't of even been allowed to say it was Twilight Princess for the Wii. Those quotes where before the controls even got implemented.

Note that the review would of been done before TP was out for the Wii and done in advance for the magazine.

Is it that hard to understand that there was no Zelda Revolution being actually developed, just things being tested?

But that's what I'm saying, man. I'm saying there were things being tested and being discussed in brainstorm sessions (that's what I meant by "inventing the game") and then there was TP being developed for GC, which are two different things. The other guys are the ones saying a GC game is Zelda Revolution and acting as if I'm the one that's wrong, saying stuff like "you're still arguing about it?"... :indeed:

TP is and will always remain a Gamecube port, now I'm the one asking: is this that hard to understand?

It's funny that up until this very discussion in this thread, I've always heard and read everyone say that we're all waiting for a "true Wii Zelda game", and remembering that TP is just a GC port. Now, all of a sudden out of the blue, I see people in this forum claiming with Chuck Norris certainty that TP has always been Zelda Revolution. It's quite frankly the first time I've read this anywhere on the net. 99% of people, to use your number, Shadow, are waiting for the true Wii Zelda game. Maybe you're the one in the 1%.

Here's a question, is it an actual port of TP, even though the Wii version was out first? This isn't to prove, just curious.

On to the debate again. 99% of the internet folk will know that what you call "Zelda Rev" from ages is in development.

Lets review:

May 2005 - TP Shown at E3, it exists afterall after it was a rumour

November 2005 - No TP for us, delayed :(

May 2006 - TP at E3 again, Wii version announced

August 2006 - TP delayed, hooray there's a Wii version

September - Hooray we get the Zelda release dates

November 2006 - Miyamoto has interview saying "TP Rev in development for around a year" - TP released in US and Japan

December 2006 - EU and Australlia get TP - Miyamoto mentioned to GI a new Zelda was in development

Jan 2007 - No Zelda Revolution news

March 2007 - No Zelda Revolution news

May 2007(Loads of Info this month for games) - No Zelda Revolution news

June 2007 - Crossbow Training shown

July 2007(E3) - No Zelda Revolution news

August 2007 - No Zelda Rev news

September 2007 - Crossbow Training properly announced

Q4 2007 - No Zelda news - Crossbow Training Released

Q1 2008 - No Zelda news

Q2 2008 - Miyamoto says Zelda team is getting together again. 18 month on since TP released, coincedently, no news at all on Zelda Rev since TPs release.

Also chances are, Nintendo would of dubbed Wii TP, as "Zelda Revolution" as a codename. Not "Zelda Wii" (Wii not announced), "TP Rev" wouldn't be allowed at all to mention TP was getting made for Wii. The game Miyamoto mentioned would of been Crossbow Training since it was the last game the Zelda team done untill recently it was stated, the team was getting back together.

Here's a question, is it an actual port of TP, even though the Wii version was out first? This isn't to prove, just curious.

Of course it is. TP had a development time of around 3 years, normal for most Zelda games. All maps, all puzzles, all story, everything except some final touches was done on GC until at the last minute they decided to port it to Wii, naturally adapting the controls. How do you reckon this does not count as a GC port just because of street date? Hell, the whole game world is mirrored in the Wii version. If you don't consider that an irrefutable evidence that the game was made for GC and ported to Wii, then something is wrong with your judgement. Street date has nothing to do with it, planning and development have.

I didn't reckon it was. It was nothing to do with the debate to help either of us just now, just curiousity. Thinking about it just now, it is pretty obvious it's a port since it was made ground up for the Cube :heh:

Even though it's a port, it doesn't exclude it from being "Zelda Revolution".

And PS3 was first with motion controls because it was released 3 days before Wii, right? :indeed:

I'm sure I read somewhere Iwata or someone stating that a "true" Wii Zelda was being experimented with even before TP's release. When he talked about possible first person view, etc.

If you're really trying to say that TP is a true Wii Zelda you should be checked out by a doctor:heh:

And PS3 was first with motion controls because it was released 3 days before Wii, right? :indeed:

I'm sure I read somewhere Iwata or someone stating that a "true" Wii Zelda was being experimented with even before TP's release. When he talked about possible first person view, etc.

If you're really trying to say that TP is a true Wii Zelda you should be checked out by a doctor:heh:

Hey, I took it back on my last post :(

I haven't read anything like that. Normally I would remember things like that. And no, I don't think TP is a true Zelda, wasn't arguiing about it. What else would they of called the Wii TP game when it was known as the 'Revolution' and wasn't allowed to say anything about it?

er im not going to read all the last posts but what i will say is..Everyone has forgotten about that"last zelda as you know it" comment.. i mean since then we have had phantom hourglass thats another zelda of the same:)

and thats what we want essentially.. K a little change would be nice but well zelda revolution doesnt exist lets get over it.. The new zelda wont be here for a long long time. Maybe wait another year for anouncement long.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!