N-Europe

The Official MGS4 Thread.

Caris

It seems way more people on this forum are going for the limited edition rather than the standard. I'm surprised considering the price tag.

We dedicated few, we insane few would have it no other way.

They should have packed in a snake bandanna. :heh:

Well, I got myself a PS3 today, now I'm gonna pre-order this game. Trouble is, I don't know wether to go for the LE or not.

I mean, I am an MGS fan, and this game is the main reason for me buying a PS3. However, the LE is far too overpriced imo...

Well, I got myself a PS3 today, now I'm gonna pre-order this game. Trouble is, I don't know wether to go for the LE or not.

I mean, I am an MGS fan, and this game is the main reason for me buying a PS3. However, the LE is far too overpriced imo...

Releases of LE editions of MGS4 only come once in a lifetime. :p

Releases of LE editions of MGS4 only come once in a lifetime. :p

And probably drop in price after a week because only people on this forum are crazy enough to buy it. :heh:

We crazy few. We crazy crazy few.

I'm going for the limited edition because I'm a sucker for anything MGS. I really shouldn't be though. You'll have to decide if you think it's worth it youself coolfunkman. But perhaps consider getting MGS4 standard edition and another game with the extra £40, especially considering that you just bought a PS3 and once you complete MGS you don't want it to be collecting dust.

Edit: Special features? You mean just the extra stuff you get with the game or will the actual game be different?

Oh and perhaps if you're not entirely sure (but you seem to be now...) consider putting in pre-orders for both versions and canceling the one you don't want before it's sent.

...especially considering that you just bought a PS3 and once you complete MGS you don't want it to be collecting dust.

Edit: Special features? You mean just the extra stuff you get with the game or will the actual game be different?

Very true, although I got the GTA4 pack, so I'll be playing on that quite a lot too. And I did mean the extras that come with the game, sorry for not being clearer. It'd be pretty cool to have the Solid Snake statue next to my Big Daddy statue. ^^

And probably drop in price after a week because only people on this forum are crazy enough to buy it. :heh:

We crazy few. We crazy crazy few.

Haha! Ain't that the truth! And I wouldn't have it any other way... :p

...except maybe cheaper.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/875/875477p1.html

There's kinda a half-spoiler in that article, but the non-spoiler important part and reason I'm linking to it is that this will not be the last Metal Gear.

According to Payton, "I think there's been some misconceptions that this is the last 'Metal Gear.'

Oh and to coolfunkman, considering you have GTA too, maybe the LE is your best bet :)

Guest Jordan
Cool another Metal Gear game so it wont be called Metal Gear Solid anymore becuse its his last mission,

You are aware theres been 2 (or 3 if you count the awful NES game... 4 if you count the GBC game) that haven't been called "Metal Gear Solid"? They were just called Metal Gear...

kojima_mgs5.jpg

Metal Gear Solid 4 isn't even out and whaddaya know, the game's creator Hideo Kojima is already thinking about Metal Gear Solid 5. While MGS4 was supposed to be Kojima's last entry the series, he seems to have had a change of heart recently. Isn't he ready to move on to other things? Dunno. What we do know is what he told Famitsu

I gotta start thinking about MGS5... Even though, well, Snake's story ends in MGS4.

...About MGS5, that would be something that Kojima Productions would have to make, I think.

Sounds like Kojima's at least considering doing Metal Gear Solid 5. If MGS4 is a hit, it'll be hard for him not to do it. And hey, if he actually does make MGS5, then he can think about making MGS6 after that!

7e4bcdd6.jpg

Souce http://kotaku.com/5010401/kojima-is-thinking-about-metal-gear-solid-5

I got a blog with all Metal Gear Solid News the link is here http://metal-gearsolid.blogspot.com/